[SOLVED] BT & Wifi are not detected. Is the module dead?

soutsos

Commendable
May 23, 2020
I have a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra motherboard with built-in wifi and bluetooth.
Neither Wifi or Bluetooth options are available in the notifications panel (bottom left corner in Windows) and in device manager the Bluetooth and Wifi drivers have disappeared. I can only find the drivers in device manager if I go to View -> Show hidden devices.

Additionally, I booted Linux Mint from a live usb and the BT and Wifi were not detected there either.

Is my BT/Wifi module 100% dead? Is there any way that I can find out for sure if the module failed (i.e. with a diagnostics tool)?

Update: Today I turned on the computer and Wifi/Bluetooth suddenly started working. Is this normal?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pretended

soutsos

Commendable
May 23, 2020
have you tried downloading and installing the Motherboard drivers?
Yes. The first time I tried "repairing" the Bluetooth driver, the Graphics Card software (AMD Adrenalin) suddenly crashed and kept displaying an error in an endless loop. I had to then perform a clean install of AMD Adrenalin.

The error was this:
RBQ3cJf.png

And if I pressed OK, then this error appeared:
lxokE2T.png

After the GPU driver was freshly installed, I managed to press "repair" on both BT and Wifi drivers. Nothing changed.

HamsterKing

Reputable
Sep 2, 2015
ok, i think you should try uninstall the AMD adrenaline and then install the Wifi and bluetooth driver. then try installing the AMD Adrenaline back. maybe update the driver part by part instead of using the AMD adrenaline software.

soutsos

Commendable
May 23, 2020
ok, i think you should try uninstall the AMD adrenaline and then install the Wifi and bluetooth driver. then try installing the AMD Adrenaline back. maybe update the driver part by part instead of using the AMD adrenaline software.
But the BT/Wifi module was not detected on linux mint either. There was no GPU driver there..

Pretended

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2014
Very weird.

Had EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM last night on my ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero which is one of the same tier mobos in X570 bracket with yours.

Actually came here to open a thread about it but fascinated to see exactly the same happened after updating to the latest Adrenaline drivers.

WTH is going on here? How am I supposed to solve this?

soutsos

Commendable
May 23, 2020
then i think its a faulty mobo, maybe you can bring it back to ask the seller to test it?
I bought a new motherboard from an online seller, but they sent me an RMA motherboard. I found out by luck! It is impossible for me to return this board due to deadlines I can't miss. I have an open case in PayPal for a partial refund.
I the fact that the BT/Wifi module failed is as hard as evidence can get for supporting my claim.
Make sure to stay away from computeruniverse.net

soutsos

Commendable
May 23, 2020
Very weird.

Had EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM last night on my ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero which is one of the same tier mobos in X570 bracket with yours.

Actually came here to open a thread about it but fascinated to see exactly the same happened after updating to the latest Adrenaline drivers.

WTH is going on here? How am I supposed to solve this?
I hadn't updated the Adrenalin software. I selected the "repair" option in the Bluetooth driver. That caused the adrenalin software to crash completely and then I had to reinstall it.

soutsos

Commendable
May 23, 2020
Wow, just like yours, my devices showed up as hidden too.
The devices show up as hidden because they are not recognized by the software. Since they are not recognized, the driver thinks that the hardware is "disconnected", but in reality it might just be "dead" (this is more likely since BT/Wifi is built-in to the motherboard, so it can't be disconnected).
I think this is what happened in my case, because the seller tricked me and instead of sending me a new motherboard just like I ordered, they sent me an RMA board.