Dec 29, 2020
Building a new PC and the graphics card I was hoping to buy isn't in stock anywhere. Preferably not wanting to wait too long, any alternatives?

So I'm in the middle of building a new PC after mine broke, and I'd prefer not to be without one past January. I have most of the other parts ordered already and even have a couple delivered.

But I can't seem to find the GPU I want in stock anywhere, and the few places that'll let me preorder (Amazon as an example), I'm skeptical on because other places seemed to have stopped selling the item at all.

I'd prefer not to go up to a 2070, 80 or 3000s because they're basically double the price and I can't really afford that, so I need other alternatives or ideas. (I'd also prefer not to buy a secondhand/preowned one because I have no idea what sort of state it may be in).

I'm listing everything I'm to get and build in the hope that it'll answer any compatibility questions anyone might have:

Case - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Case Fans - Two 120mm Noctua NF-S12A PWM

Power Supply - Corsair RM850X

Motherboard - MSI MPG Z390 GAMING EDGE AC MOTHERBOARD

CPU - Intel i7-9700K

Heatsink - Noctua NH-U12S

GPU - MSI GEFORCE RTX 2060 GAMING Z

RAM - CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB (2X8GB) DDR4

SSD - SEAGATE 250GB 2.5" BARRACUDA SOLID STATE DRIVE

HDD - Seagate BarraCuda 2TB SATA III 3.5" HDD

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
The thing is that I think production for the RTX 3000 series cards will be focused on during 2021 and 2000 series cards are on their way out of people's inventories. You forgot to mention the budget you have set aside for your GPU and what your preferred site of purchase is.

Dec 29, 2020
The thing is that I think production for the RTX 3000 series cards will be focused on during 2021 and 2000 series cards are on their way out of people's inventories. You forgot to mention the budget you have set aside for your GPU and what your preferred site of purchase is.
Yeah I'm aware of that but the 3000s are just too out of my comfortable price range. I was hoping around £500 but I'm willing to go up to £700 I guess. As for site not too picky, but I would prefer UK based simply cause of Brexit.

HappyTrails

Upstanding
Oct 30, 2020
Yes cards so expensive spent twice my budget for new pc build. Seem like 3070 or 3060ti is you ranges if can find the instocks. They saying supply improving on these cards so maybe have some luck.