[SOLVED] Building new PC. Need advice

chrisvaffel

Commendable
Jun 4, 2018
I was thinking about building myself a new system. I chosen a few parts and was wondering if I have made some dumb choices and should change something.

My current part list is:
  • ASUS ROG Strix B550-F GAMING
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz 16GB
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 (want airflow and good looks)
  • Noctua NH-D15 CPU cooler
  • Corsair RM750 750W PSU
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB SSD (boot drive. I have another 1tb ssd for games)
  • Ryzen 7 5800x CPU
  • Graphics card not decided. If the new amd ones are good i was thinking maybe one of those

Solution
I was thinking about building myself a new system. I chosen a few parts and was wondering if I have made some dumb choices and should change something.

My current part list is:
  • Corsair RM750 750W PSU
  • Ryzen 7 5800x CPU
  • Graphics card not decided. If the new amd ones are good i was thinking maybe one of those

Don't see any issues here, as for PSU you could check the "RM750x", they sometimes sell for the same price as t he RM750 and are slightly better quality.

LrnzpKiller

Distinguished

My current part list is:
  • Corsair RM750 750W PSU
  • Ryzen 7 5800x CPU

Don't see any issues here, as for PSU you could check the "RM750x", they sometimes sell for the same price as t he RM750 and are slightly better quality.

Reactions: chrisvaffel
Solution

chrisvaffel

Commendable
Jun 4, 2018
You shouldn't worry tho, RM750 is still solid. RM750x just has more warranty. RM750 has 5 years whereas the RM750x has 10 years.
Hmm. Well I checked and the difference was minimal, even here in Norway, so I thought why not. I still have a concern about the B550-f keeping up with the new GPU and CPU tho :/

LrnzpKiller

Distinguished
Kinda what you just confirmed for me haha. Just want everything to work. This will be my first from the scratch build. Want bang out of every buck.

It's a high reviewed board. Haven't seen anything bad. You have everything you need PCIe 4.0 on both one x16 and one m.2 slot. You probably won't need more anyways.

It's not that it'll make a lot of FPS difference, if any, but it's just a nice to have since it's becoming a standard. And taking into account you'll be able to use NVIDIA RTX IO and or AMD Smart Access Memory.

chrisvaffel

Commendable
Jun 4, 2018
It's a high reviewed board. Haven't seen anything bad. You have everything you need PCIe 4.0 on both one x16 and one m.2 slot. You probably won't need more anyways.

It's not that it'll make a lot of FPS difference, if any, but it's just a nice to have since it's becoming a standard. And taking into account you'll be able to use NVIDIA RTX IO and or AMD Smart Access Memory.
Thanks alot!! You are amazing. I feel me worries about this build fade away haha. Im really excited. You have been very helpful. Thank you again!

chrisvaffel

Commendable
Jun 4, 2018
Haha, understandable. AMD's new cards look promising, but it's all down to stock. You'll be looking at Q1 of 2021 for an RTX 3070 or 3080. Sadly... (We obviously don't know how AMD's stock will be yet)
I'm fingers crossed for now. Not sure if I dare to get my hopes up though. The PC world has let me down before

chrisvaffel

Commendable
Jun 4, 2018
Yeah, hope Ryzen 5000 will be in stock. I'd say just keep an eye out... Maybe where you live its easier to get a card, I'd start looking at stores right now to see what's possible
I have eyes on my favorite tech store website. Don't have that many of them here tho. Perhaps I have to order earlier than planned so I can get my parts within a reasonable time

LrnzpKiller

Distinguished
Maybe I should. Only time will tell I guess. Atleast I know what to go for after your good help. Do you think I should buy extra fans btw?

I like to have at least 2 intake (at front) and 1 exhaust (at the rear). Adding extra fans to exhaust at the top will help, but I think it'll be limited to how much.

From what I can see in the product sheet it comes with 2 140mm at the front and 1 140mm at the rear, this should be sufficient but of course, more exhaust at the top will help a bit.

chrisvaffel

Commendable
Jun 4, 2018
I like to have at least 2 intake (at front) and 1 exhaust (at the rear). Adding extra fans to exhaust at the top will help, but I think it'll be limited to how much.

From what I can see in the product sheet it comes with 2 140mm at the front and 1 140mm at the rear, this should be sufficient but of course, more exhaust at the top will help a bit.
Thanks! I could just see if it's needed or get one for the top. Thanks for all the help!