Tenpu90

Reputable
Mar 7, 2020
Hello to all :D

After long time i tried to assemble again a pc. I did it when I was young, maybe 20 years ago :p
It was not so hard, but something went bad since the system is very unstable and I'd like to understand what I did wrong.

This is what I bought

Mars Gaming MCX ATX
Corsair CX450
Gigabyte B450 AORUS M
AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
Corsair LPX CL15 3000Mhz 16GB(8x2)
CrucialMX500
Hommie 1200M Wi+Fi Card
WisFox Keyboard
A wireless mouse that i don't know the brand

The graphic video card is coming next month due low budget (I plan to buy a GTX nVidia 1650)

When I turned on the pc for the first time it went to bios, but I could not use it becouse the mouse worked for few second and then it stops.
If i plug-out and plug-in again is the same. I worked for 2-3 seconds and it stops. 😕
The keyboard too was unusable because it looked like every time I press a key the system think I "double press" So if I try to write the date 7/3/20 it write 77/33/22
I tried to change USB port and remove one stick of RAM and Wi-Fi card, but was the same.

So i just tried to put the usb-key with windows and install it the OS and it worked perfectly.
Now if I enter to bios it works good.

The system is fast, but sometimes it freeze.
Once the Wi-Fi stopped working, I could see all the networks, but I can't connect (i tried with two different wi-fi)
And sometime appeared the BSoD with the error code "DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" (Netwtw04.sys) :eek:

Now the "Netwtw04.sys" error seems to be the Wi-Fi. I didn't tried to update any drivers yet, but it could be just that?
Because the bios problem was different...
I need to configure something in the bios? (For example ram frequency etc?)
The bluetooth works and I don't see any yellow "!" in device manager.

Sadly I don't have home internet, so the only way to connect is through the mobile Wi-Fi :confused_old:

Thank you ;)

Tenpu90

Reputable
Mar 7, 2020
I don't have computer now with me to check, but i have some photos of the bios I did.
The bios is the version F41
The X.M.P it says disabled and then 2133 Mhz
I don't know the latest chipset driver

Tenpu90

Reputable
Mar 7, 2020
No, i didn't installed any driver. I don't have any dvd drive so I can't use cd.
I need to download them online.

So I must update bios? Instability could be for that?
Because the actual bios version is newer than CPU

I think there is a cd also with wifi card, now i don't have the box with me to check

Tenpu90

Reputable
Mar 7, 2020
Ok. I'll activate XMP and update BIOS and drivers.
You think my previous problem will be solved just with that?

Or there is the possibility of some faulty piece that is not working good and I should send it back to amazon?

I'd perform the updates, and we could proceed from there. I've seen faulty keyboards cause the "double press" as well, both in desktop and laptop versions. Could indeed be a hardware issue. Mouse issue...need more data though it should normally work fine in UEFI, wireless or not. Any branding on bottom of it? Also, I'd fully update Windows 10 itself, which can help with driver issues in some cases as they will be included in updates.

Reactions: Tenpu90

Tenpu90

Reputable
Mar 7, 2020
The keyboard is a WisFox LED Keyboard
The mouse I don't know the brand. (is from a local chinese store)
But now they doen't give that problem anymore. It was just in the beginning in the bios.

In the next days I'll perform all the update and then give more information (I don't have the pc with me now since is for my friend)

Thanks for now :)

Tenpu90

Reputable
Mar 7, 2020
Just one more thing.

In the gigabyte website it says
  1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40
  2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU

I have BIOS F41, I need to do the same process to install F50?

Tenpu90

Reputable
Mar 7, 2020
So i don't need to intall EC FW Update Tool?
Because it says I "MUST follow the steps as detailed under BIOS F40 discription. "

Doesn't matter for late... In this days I can't do anything anyway for the covid19...

Tenpu90

Reputable
Mar 7, 2020
Always the same sadly. Actually i can't move from house (italy :( )
So i can't reach the house of my friend and check his computer.
I hope in case of faulty pieces amazon will understand.

Tenpu90

Reputable
Mar 7, 2020
After long time I'm here again.

I could take the pc and test it for long time.
We decided to change the wifi card with a "tp link AC1200 Archer T5E"

But the "DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" (Netwtw04.sys) problem appeared again.
And also another problem appeared "DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION"
I updated the drivers and the bios to f50 (now the F51f came out, but I didn't installed)
I could not install the drivers for the wificard on cd (there is no dvd player) and I didn't found them in the website.
But I could upgrade them with windows itself in device manager-->update driver.
Windows automatically found new drivers and installed them.

Since then I didn't had any problem.
I tried to watch movies, youtube in 4k and was all perfect.

The only thing that scare me is the sound of the fan. (probably from power supply?)
Even when the pc is in IDLE it doesn't look stable, but the sound do slighty "up and down"
I don't know if is just to much thinking by me haha

What test more could i do to be perfectly sure it is all working good? (also power supply)
I don't want give back the pc to my friend and then receive a call from him "is not working" :p