dhlucke

Polypheme
I've bought cases before, but they were all generic. Sometimes I got lucky, but sometimes I got a case that was way to cramped to work with.

I want to buy a nice case soon, but I'm not sure if I should buy one with or without a P/S. Right now it seems that the antec and enlight cases are pretty nice, but if I buy the P/S seperately what do I look for? Is it worth the hastle to break down the purchase into two peices?

If anyone has some good suggestions, I want a nice mid-tower case that is roomy enough to work in. Those cases that just barely fit the motherboard in through a lot of cornering drive me crazy. I will be overclocking.

I'm probably only going to need a 300W P/S since I'm not doing anything too crazy and I won't have anything beyond the ordinary. My budget isn't too big, so I'm not looking for a real expensive case and P/S, but something that will get the job done reliably.

I was looking at the Enlight SX830 and SX1030, but I'm wondering if these are worth the money and/or if there are other good cases. I've never spent over $60 on a case so I don't feel in my element....

For example:
<A HREF="http://electroseller.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=electroseller&Category_Code=016" target="_new">http://electroseller.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=electroseller&Category_Code=016</A> is supposedly an AMD approved case reseller, so what is the main difference? I would probably not buy these cases unless I knew their size, but I'm just putting them down as an example. The price difference though is rather drastic. Here I can get a case for $60 with shipping vs the above cases which will cost around $100.

Estimated System...
T-bird around 1.4+Ghz + OC
7200 RPM HD 20-60 GB (maybe 2)
GeForce2/Radeon Video Card
DVD
CD-RW
Zip-100
NIC
Sound
56K Modem

Thanks in advance.

<font color=red>They're out there, waiting, watching, listening. Be afraid! The cookies are coming!</font color=red><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by dhlucke on 05/28/01 07:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<b>I was looking at the Enlight SX830 and SX1030, but I'm wondering if these are worth the money and/or if there are other good cases. I've never spent over $60 on a case so I don't feel in my element....</b>
I can't find any info of them at <A HREF="http://www.enlightcorp.com/main_frame.html" target="_new"><font color=blue><b>Enlight Website</b></font color=blue></A>.
Anyway, I have been using 2 of Enlight EN-7237 (Mid Tower ATX) cases and really like them. It has 4 bays of 5 1/2", 2 external bay of 3 1/2" and 1 hidden 3 1/2" bay (It also has 1 60" case fan installed at front) for ~$65 with 300W PS.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

Porkloin

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2001
I always see Antec and Enlight and Inwin talked about around here, but for about the same money, you can get an Addtronics which kicks the crap out of all of them. Buying from Addtronics is not the way to go as vendors undercut them. You'll need to find a store out your way that sells them. Out my way, its www.compusaveinc.net. I believe that they were selling a midtower for 69 bucks without the power supply. 99 with.
An addtronics case is marketed by Supermicro and sold through retailers. You may be able to find a good deal that way.
www.addtronics.com

Sweating like a rancid chunk of pork