Buying New Laptop-May Uninstall Vista and Install XP?

jamesrwright

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2007
I am getting a new Toshiba laptop..only has 1 GB ram..and I don't have enough money to purchase to new 1GB Dimms to upgrade it..I have an old copy of XP that I picked up..Has anyone else "uninstalled"
Vista and installed XP? I want to do it for performance reasons, and plus XP is all I need for now..
I may go to Vista again once I upgrade the ram
Is it hard to uninstall Vista?
Any assistance would be appreciated..

Jim

Yeah it's pretty easy to do, but be sure to get all the preparation (including service packs, etc and slipstream is a good idea) done before hand and backed up onto 2 CDs/DVDs and check them before reformatting, because afterwards is too late and makes the effort pointless.

Being thorough makes the process satisfying, if you do it half-a$$ed you end up with alot of hassle.

Amin this is to download all the drivers, all the XP updates, and then make sure you have all the XP versions of stuff you need. Double check your file formats adn such when you save files and chose updates, especially when being suggested drivers and such and remember to store them so they are readable by both.

TrueLeech

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2007
I did it with an A100-090 laptop (T5500/2 GB/7600 GO), it was as easy as on an homemade comp' ... Putted the XP MCE disk in, waited for run, and install after formating C: (system) partition ...