Question The PC shuts down, and the motherboard shows the EZ Debug LED for the CPU.

Aug 18, 2024
After assembling my new PC, I'm encountering a significant issue: the PC shuts down suddenly and randomly. When I try to power it back on, the motherboard's LED indicates a CPU problem. I have already tried updating the BIOS, checking the correct installation of the CPU, and verifying all the cables connected to the motherboard. Below is a list of the components used. How can I resolve this issue? Is it necessary to request a return for the CPU?

• CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D
  • GPU: Gigabyte 4070 Super
  • RAM: Lexar DDR5 32GB 6400MHz
  • Motherboard: MAG B650 Tomahawk WiFi
  • SSD: 1TB WD_Black M.2
  • Cooler: Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 BLACK ARGB
  • Fans: Thermalright TL-C12C-S 120mm ARGB 3x
  • Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Power Supply: Corsair RM850x

check the landing pads of the CPU for discolored ones, the pins of the CPU socket of the motherboard as well

check windows event viewer for errors before the crash

run some benchmark software to check temperatures

which bios version is installed currently?

did you install windows with this system?

take some pictures of cabling from the motherboard and PSU, upload to imgur.com or similar and link it in here

Reactions: Grobe
Aug 18, 2024
check the landing pads of the CPU for discolored ones, the pins of the CPU socket of the motherboard as well

check windows event viewer for errors before the crash

run some benchmark software to check temperatures

which bios version is installed currently?

did you install windows with this system?

take some pictures of cabling from the motherboard and PSU, upload to imgur.com or similar and link it in here
to be installed is the version of windows 10 pro. here are photos, of the connections motherboard, power supply and bios version: View: https://imgur.com/a/m4SICvR

Aug 18, 2024
I note that you are using cable extensions, presumably for looks.
That is not a great idea functionally.
are extension cords for heatsink and the fans, soon I will buy a hub to handle them all, I don't think they are the problem of crashes also because the temperature remains stable