Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Engine Focused on Gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Same engine from cod4 and they've made how many games out of it. These guys must have more cash than saudi arabia

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
In other words, they're making excuses for outdated graphics. I hope that at least gameplay will be fun. Out of three CoD games - MW1, MW2 and BO - MW2 was good, MW1 was okay, BO was meh. I can disregard outdated graphics if the story and gameplay are great, but if they suck, you better give me Crysis-level graphics to make me buy such a game.

G

Translation: We couldn't match Battlefield 3's graphics, so we'll spin it as if that's a good thing.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]TeKEffect[/nom]" The changes we do can't be easily labeled"that made me laugh[/citation]

from the sound of it, the changes are things like tweaking run speed with x gun, or jumping with a pistol out apposed to an assault riffle.

i just hope that all game focus on gameplay over graphics.

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
This Article should be titled as "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Engine Focused on gameconsole" He says that they are focused on "gameplay" not about technology.. well this means that the product has a poor reputation and mediocre graphics work done on it based on old tech just like apple. Maybe I had high hopes on this title.

atminside

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
"We are still looking at things like DX11," Rubin answered. "It's one of the things our team is looking at, but our focus is all about gameplay, not about technology. We want it to be more about fun than anything else."

WTF really?? It is all about game play and not technology??? What a moron. But in all honesty I can say I am not surprised at this considering this is coming from an a$$ hole who cares more about making money rather than making a well rounded game. I am sure glad i don't own a console to be tempted into buying the crap. BF3 FTW!!!!!

fb39ca4

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
Well, for console versions, at least, I'm glad the graphics aren't too good. I hate playing anything at less than 60fps without motion blur which I doubt is in BF3.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
This is the one of the things that concerns me as a PC gamer: we are not getting the most out of our hardware because of the game. I know PC gaming isn't all about the eye candy and is more about the freedom and choices we are given compared to consoles, but if you drop over a grand on a gaming PC, you want your games to look pretty AND have great gameplay. The same issue was with Crysis 2. I found the game fun, but I expected such a PC-based franchise to give us the best they can to PC gamers. Instead, we got DX9 and a game that did not live up to the reputation that was established by the first game. CoD isn't giving the most that there is to offer to PC gamers. Some franchises/developers such as the Battlefield franchise have their games for consoles, but they don't leave PC gamers in the dust. We still get DX11 and fun gameplay. Some franchises/developers may not offer DX11, but they offer more to us PC gamers than console gamers(look at Valve; we get Counter Strike, extras in TF2, and Steam). If only CoD could follow the same path as these franchises/developers, they would be as appealing to the PC gaming audience as BF3 or others of that path.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

We got DX11 pack for Crysis 2, after all. I somehow had exactly the opposite experience with that game: looked great even with DX9, but gameplay... meh. I never finished it, but I will... once. Crysis Warhead > Crysis > Crysis 2 in terms of fun gameplay. Warhead was great...

@BF3 fans: I know the game is highly anticipated, but please, can someone explain me what's so special about it? They promised you great graphics, but is that all you'll settle for? Want another Crysis 2? I've played BF2... and dropped out after 30 minutes. Maybe the game gets fun later, I'll finish it once, too, but seriously... so far, it was no different from Call of Duty, just better graphics. What's gonna be so great about BF3, can someone explain? Don't go hating, just explain... did I miss a demo or something that makes it stand out? I really don't get it!

Though, just a good FPS with kick-ass graphics can't hurt.

P.S. There was ONE great difference between BF2 and CoD... no dumb-ass enemy respawn all the time in BF2!

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]AbdullahG[/nom]This is the one of the things that concerns me as a PC gamer: we are not getting the most out of our hardware because of the game. I know PC gaming isn't all about the eye candy and is more about the freedom and choices we are given compared to consoles, but if you drop over a grand on a gaming PC, you want your games to look pretty AND have great gameplay. The same issue was with Crysis 2. I found the game fun, but I expected such a PC-based franchise to give us the best they can to PC gamers. Instead, we got DX9 and a game that did not live up to the reputation that was established by the first game. CoD isn't giving the most that there is to offer to PC gamers. Some franchises/developers such as the Battlefield franchise have their games for consoles, but they don't leave PC gamers in the dust. We still get DX11 and fun gameplay. Some franchises/developers may not offer DX11, but they offer more to us PC gamers than console gamers(look at Valve; we get Counter Strike, extras in TF2, and Steam). If only CoD could follow the same path as these franchises/developers, they would be as appealing to the PC gaming audience as BF3 or others of that path.[/citation]

Nobody says you have to drop $1000 on a super high end gaming computer. I run an i3-2120 and a GTS 450 (that I got on sale for $59.99 after rebate and discount) and I can nearly max out every game out there, or at least run it really well.

night_wolf_in

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2007
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]We got DX11 pack for Crysis 2, after all. I somehow had exactly the opposite experience with that game: looked great even with DX9, but gameplay... meh. I never finished it, but I will... once. Crysis Warhead > Crysis > Crysis 2 in terms of fun gameplay. Warhead was great...@BF3 fans: I know the game is highly anticipated, but please, can someone explain me what's so special about it? They promised you great graphics, but is that all you'll settle for? Want another Crysis 2? I've played BF2... and dropped out after 30 minutes. Maybe the game gets fun later, I'll finish it once, too, but seriously... so far, it was no different from Call of Duty, just better graphics. What's gonna be so great about BF3, can someone explain? Don't go hating, just explain... did I miss a demo or something that makes it stand out? I really don't get it!Though, just a good FPS with kick-ass graphics can't hurt. P.S. There was ONE great difference between BF2 and CoD... no dumb-ass enemy respawn all the time in BF2![/citation]
you are probably talking about single player. People are waiting for BF3 to play it in Multiplayer.

I have played both MW2 (weekend free or something like that) and BF2:BC2. i can tell that BC2 required more actual skill than MW2. so yeah, BF3 ftw!

Swolern

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
If u didnt want to focus on technology and just have fun, go play with your yo-yo. What an idot. Video games and technology go hand in hand. Im so glad Im switching over to the Battlefield side from a long term COD gamer here. Bye bye idiots!

AbdullahG

Distinguished
[citation][nom]aftcomet[/nom]Nobody says you have to drop $1000 on a super high end gaming computer. I run an i3-2120 and a GTS 450 (that I got on sale for $59.99 after rebate and discount) and I can nearly max out every game out there, or at least run it really well.[/citation]

IF you drop a grand on a gaming PC. If you didn't...well okay. Good for you. I never said you HAVE to drop a grand for a gaming PC, but imagine if you did. Would you want your games to look the best they can?

[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]We got DX11 pack for Crysis 2, after all. I somehow had exactly the opposite experience with that game: looked great even with DX9, but gameplay... meh. I never finished it, but I will... once. Crysis Warhead > Crysis > Crysis 2 in terms of fun gameplay. Warhead was great...@BF3 fans: I know the game is highly anticipated, but please, can someone explain me what's so special about it? They promised you great graphics, but is that all you'll settle for? Want another Crysis 2? I've played BF2... and dropped out after 30 minutes. Maybe the game gets fun later, I'll finish it once, too, but seriously... so far, it was no different from Call of Duty, just better graphics. What's gonna be so great about BF3, can someone explain? Don't go hating, just explain... did I miss a demo or something that makes it stand out? I really don't get it!Though, just a good FPS with kick-ass graphics can't hurt. P.S. There was ONE great difference between BF2 and CoD... no dumb-ass enemy respawn all the time in BF2![/citation]

Eventually, we did get DX11...after the game was already released. I would have wanted it to come packaged with the game rather than as a patch. I'm not really a die-hard Crysis fan, so I guess that's why I found the game more fun compared to other people. As for BF3, I wonder the same thing. Most of the BF3 fans are either console gamers new to BF and have never seen a game that looked good on consoles besides Crysis 2, PC gamers who over-hype the fact that the game looks good, or people who just want to brag to CoD fans that their game looks good and has destructible environments (I hope they know other games before had that; their were ledges in Halo 2 that you could destroy, so you can count that as "limited" destructible environments). I honestly don't care if the game looks good. If it isn't fun, then I won't play it (I still play games on the PS2 and GameCube that look like crap, but are really fun).

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]night_wolf_in[/nom]you are probably talking about single player. People are waiting for BF3 to play it in Multiplayer. I have played both MW2 (weekend free or something like that) and BF2:BC2. i can tell that BC2 required more actual skill than MW2. so yeah, BF3 ftw![/citation]

I can't believe anyone would want to play ANY BF title for the the single player. Only the Bad Company series has had SP. BF has always been about the MP since BF1942. Huge maps, planes, tanks, helos, fun fun fun. MW1 MP was fun for a bit but it's played out. Sorry console fan boi's, 32 players + DX9 is weaksause. Feel sorry for you guys.

ravensharpless

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Ill say i agree with what they say to a certain extent. It uses the quake 3 engine witch was developed by the masters of our last generation and i in fact know one of the guys that designed those engines and their the reason that cod can get away with using an engine that's 12 years old.

G

For Infinity Ward, it's not just about eye-candy, it's about running an engine into the ground to maximize cost savings!

DroKing

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
Funny how they are saying that they are focusing on gameplay mechanics but shoot that 2nd video... gameplay looks exactly the same as all before. Why do they intend on lying to us straight up n instead admit that its just another useless expensive expansion pack.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
[citation][nom]fb39ca4[/nom]Well, for console versions, at least, I'm glad the graphics aren't too good. I hate playing anything at less than 60fps without motion blur which I doubt is in BF3.[/citation]

Well it's safe to say ONE person bought into their BS politics... -_-

fightingslu

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Engine Focused on Gameplay"... The same gameplay we've given you since COD4. ENJOY![/citation]

well they did add a couple of guns, and increase the level cap before you prestige- and of course the genious idea's of One Man Army for infinite tubes and being able to put on commando and lunge 8 feet with your knife

darcotech

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004
Battlefield is all about multiplayer.
I am 39yr old and don^t play games a lot as before.My sons do. they are die hard fans of FPS and COD especially.
I got to participate in Alpha testing of BF so we installed it on my PC (Phenom X4,Radeon3850 so nothing special).
I simply enjoyed MP gameplay. It was intense, you could feel that at any moment they can take down, you could use all vehicules and it was fun, fun, so much that I stayed 3hrs playing it.My record in last 4 years.They confirmed it.
And as for graphics they looked great, especially for alpha version.
COD simply doesn't look and feel that way.
Theye are promising a great storyline for solo part of the game, so when comparing to "reheated serving" from Activision decision is easy to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.