Camera Panning Stutter on Main Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

MxOAgentJohnson

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014
Was wondering if anyone could have some insight as so i could further diagnose the issue i'm having.
I own two rigs, one is an i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz with a GTX680, 8GB Samsung Green RAM and a WD 1TB Hard Drive. This is my Guest rig
My Main rig which i use for video editing, proper gaming and other things is my i7 4790k @ 4.5ghz, 16GB Hyper X 2400hz RAM, GTX970 3.5GB (Kappa) and running Two SSD's (One boot drive one 500gb for gaming) and a 250GB Media HardDrive.
When i'm playing games on my main rig, the Frametimes, Framerates and everything is perfect, i've tested (I dont remember whats its called) that tester to see if theres any spikes in latency on my rig when doing anything and there isnt. All of this plugged into a Acer Gsync monitor.

Whenever i play almost any game, i use a controller, it feels a lot better to me (I've always been a PC gamer but i like to sit back and take games at my own pace when i'm playing alone) and i'm primarily a fighting game player so you can imagine what kind of game scenarios im used to.
Recently i've been playing a lot more games that are obviously not on one flat plane and without external camera control, so Dishonoured, GTA5, Skyrim, Fallout etc and i've noticed almost universally in all these games when i span the camera around it never seems completely smooth.
It seems to act somewhat smooth, then kind of slows a little and then goes back to normal, not enough to distract you when you arent paying attention but the moment you notice it it wont leave your mind.
However, on my guest rig when i plug it into the same monitor (To determine wether or not it is an issue with the monitor/etc) these problems seem a lot less at the same settings with/without vsync/gsync etc (i rarely use gsync actually and use vsync a lot)
So, if i was to put it in a sort of weird way to display, imagine i'm playing on my main rig and i spin around in a circle using the controller and where - represents normal motion _ represents a sort of slowdown

----_-----__-----_----

Where as on my main rig motions seem purely smooth.
So i decided, upgrade all drivers where possible, flash the bios and do everything, and i've even tried a fresh reinstall of windows but no dice.
When i use the mouse, the same sort of issue appears to exist, but i always used to think that was due to the fact i'm very heavy handed with mice and when i move the pads on the feet dont smoothly go over my mousemat and cause this problem (+ i'm so used to mice in RTS)
But the thing with this issue is, if i'm just looking in one direction and walk sideways, the issue isnt there, the game is 100% smooth and all motion is fine, so it's something to do with the camera. And it isnt a stutter more as the input seems to be slowing causing the feel of a stutter.
Does anyone have any idea waht component could it be, i only really built this new rig in November/December time and id hate to have only just noticed this problem after solely being a sidescrolling sort of player (Like i say, fighting games, rts all of these things dont have cameras similar to these games)
I dont know if i should RMA my card, and the gtx 680 wont actually fit in my case because it's significantly larger than my 970 so i cant take them out to test on each other.
I'm hoping this situation is mind over matter, because i suffer from OCD and i've been ,practically going back and forth from pc to pc turning on games and just spinning around in circles to test it for the past 3 days (and i think i might be going insane)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all your help.

MxOAgentJohnson

Reputable
Jun 22, 2014
Update- I reinstalled all of windows, upgraded to 10, swapped out the graphics cards and I can say it isn't the graphics card now. But I have no idea what it could be, maybe the motherboard? The CPU? they are all not even over 6-7 months old

Status
Not open for further replies.