Question Can a faulty cpu cause internet problem?

May 28, 2023
Hi, I have upgraded my cpu from ryzen 5 2400g to 5600. After the upgrade I noticed that my wifi card not detected anymore. (Not even detected in device manager). Ethernet connection also disconnect randomly (error code 43). I have done many things to solved this.
-Clean windows installation
-Update all drivers to latest version
-Change Ethernet port
-Change cable
-Reset bios settings (im already on latest bios)
-Clear cmos
-Running my ram in lower speed (2933mhz)
-Restart my router
-Upgrade to windows 11
Then I installed my old cpu back on the system, the wifi card and Ethernet runs normally. Then, I installed the 5600 back to the system but the issue appeared again. So I think cpu is the culprit for this issue. Any helps will be appreciated :)

Pc specs:
Ryzen 5600
Asrock AB350 itx/ac
Rx 6600
Delta 500w 80plus gold
16gb 3400mhz (8x2)
480gb wd nvme

Colif

Win 11 Master
you could try the suggested fixes in this post (apart from reinstall)

or this:

it seems fairly common for WIfi to stop working when you swap CPU, but most times it doesn't survive a reinstall of windows. I haven't found any examples where its actually the CPU physically damaged to blame, more windows being a pain.

One thing you could try to confirm one way or another is to boot off a Ubuntu live USB and see if it can see the card
If linux can't see card, its hardware... if it can, its a odd windows problem.

What wifi card is it?

May 28, 2023
you could try the suggested fixes in this post (apart from reinstall)

or this:

it seems fairly common for WIfi to stop working when you swap CPU, but most times it doesn't survive a reinstall of windows. I haven't found any examples where its actually the CPU physically damaged to blame, more windows being a pain.

One thing you could try to confirm one way or another is to boot off a Ubuntu live USB and see if it can see the card
If linux can't see card, its hardware... if it can, its a odd windows problem.

What wifi card is it?
I have tried all the method that you provide the issue still not solved. But when I usb ubuntu live usb the wifi card is working. Ethernet connection also stable. I don’t know what cause it. Maybe another fresh windows installation?

May 28, 2023
Hi, I have upgraded my cpu from ryzen 5 2400g to 5600. After the upgrade I noticed that my wifi card not detected anymore. (Not even detected in device manager). Ethernet connection also disconnect randomly (error code 43). I have done many things to solved this.
-Clean windows installation
-Update all drivers to latest version
-Change Ethernet port
-Change cable
-Reset bios settings (im already on latest bios)
-Clear cmos
-Running my ram in lower speed (2933mhz)
-Restart my router
-Upgrade to windows 11
Then I installed my old cpu back on the system, the wifi card and Ethernet runs normally. Then, I installed the 5600 back to the system but the issue appeared again. So I think cpu is the culprit for this issue. Any helps will be appreciated :)

Pc specs:
Ryzen 5600
Asrock AB350 itx/ac
Rx 6600
Delta 500w 80plus gold
16gb 3400mhz (8x2)
480gb wd nvme
Update: I found the solution to it. Somehow AMD gpu driver have a conflict with the wifi card. I use the solution from this link : https://community.amd.com/t5/driver...rivers-causing-wifi-issues/m-p/422945#M133964
Changing my wifi security cipher to force AES (openwrt) solved this issue. The wifi card works fine now. But i will keep monitoring it. Thanks for the help!
Edit: I don’t know why this is not an issue with my old cpu