[SOLVED] Can a gpu develop coil whine after a while of using

Jul 9, 2020
Hello guys my gtx 1660 gaming x developed coil whine after 10 months which is weird so can that be possible? is it like the other coil whines that come on the beginning ? or its different? I already tried it on another system and it was there soo it's 100% from the gpu !

Solution
From what I've looked up it seems like its not unheard of for coil whine to form over time

Changing out parts can even sometimes cause coil whine (especially power supplies)

I'm no expert on the matter so take what I say with a grain of salt but I doubt your video card is in any danger. Only thing you're in danger of is being annoyed by coil whine noise

If you play games with uncapped FPS, capping your FPS might help reduce the noise to some degree. Maybe even outright stop it in certain games

Furzumz

Reputable
From what I've looked up it seems like its not unheard of for coil whine to form over time

Changing out parts can even sometimes cause coil whine (especially power supplies)

I'm no expert on the matter so take what I say with a grain of salt but I doubt your video card is in any danger. Only thing you're in danger of is being annoyed by coil whine noise

If you play games with uncapped FPS, capping your FPS might help reduce the noise to some degree. Maybe even outright stop it in certain games

Solution