Can ASUS H110M hande those below?

Solution
The 7700 and the B250M is a logical pairing. This means you do not intend to OC by picking a non-K CPU and choosing a B250-Chipset mobo. It also solves the BIOS issue. The only performance issue remaining is your 3000MHz RAM. Since non-OC'able mobos of the 200 series can only attain a max of 2400MHz RAM speed, you still can't get that 3000MHZ rated speed of your chosen RAM kit (it will only downsize/downspeed to up to 2400MHz max.). So, might as well save more money and pick an appropriate 2400MHz RAM kit (rathet than paying for higher speed RAM you can't use at its rated speed).

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
if the proper BIOS has been flashed.
the 110 motherboards need a firmware update before it can see the i7-7700K. if you do not have access to a skylake processor, 6th generation Intel CPU buy a 2 series motherboard.
the 110 will require 2 CPU's, the first to flash support for the second. everything else looks fine. the asus h110m is not an overclockers board.

chrispygr

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017

So if I get a GIGABYTE GA-B250M-DS3H it will be ppssible to handle them without any bios update?

No. You will be facing a lot of possible performance issues (though all your listed parts does physically fit in the h110m):

1. You cant OC the 7700K because H110-chipset mobos are not designed for such. K-Series CPUs are usually and logically paired with a Z chipset mobo.

2. You may face BIOS incompatibility issues due to the 7th-gen Kaby Lake CPU being paired with your mobo released for 6th-gen Skylake CPUs. Only way to run 7th gen CPUs on such mobos is through a BIOS update. If your mobo doesn't have a BIOS update out-of-the-box, that 7700K won't work. As such, you need a 6th gen CPU to flash the BIOS before the 7th gen to work.

3. RAM may only run on slowest 2133MHz default speed, and not on its rated 3000MHz speeds.

chrispygr

Prominent
Sep 16, 2017

If I use i7 7700 and a GIGABYTE GA-B250M will I get the job done?

R_1

Expert
Ambassador

yes the B250 is out of the box ready for the 7700k
looks to be a heckuva system. enjoy

The 7700 and the B250M is a logical pairing. This means you do not intend to OC by picking a non-K CPU and choosing a B250-Chipset mobo. It also solves the BIOS issue. The only performance issue remaining is your 3000MHz RAM. Since non-OC'able mobos of the 200 series can only attain a max of 2400MHz RAM speed, you still can't get that 3000MHZ rated speed of your chosen RAM kit (it will only downsize/downspeed to up to 2400MHz max.). So, might as well save more money and pick an appropriate 2400MHz RAM kit (rathet than paying for higher speed RAM you can't use at its rated speed).

Solution