Build Advice Can fans be both silent and nice to look at?

Oct 11, 2023
I’m nearing the end of my pc build and now I’m going into the aesthetics side of things. My previous build was just to do the job and have no experience with asthetics
I have asked a friend to help aswell but he mentioned it’s hard finding silent, good looking and effective cooling fan builds.
Any suggestions on what fans or case would fit the bill. I’m currently looking at lian li cases.
would be quite pleased if I could get a black glass with a heavy colour undertone red/black orange/black. I understand it might not fit the fourm but I’m trying :D
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/J6gjPF
Any fan recommendations are welcome
-case is not what is being used
-cpu fan is going to be black if it comes in black

I have 4xCM MF120 HALO , as you can see in my profile pic.
Besides them I have 2x200mm CM fans mounted on the front and 3 gpu fans all packed up into CM H500P Mesh.
Without touching the fan curves of all my fans, they are more than silent when set on auto, but since I like to play around with my PC, I used FanControl to manually set the fan curve on each one of them.
Currently they are set to %60 fan curve on most of them, and they are not loud at all, keep in mind that the PC is 20cm from my right ear, since its sitting on the table, and most of the time I cant hear the fans at all.
Cant tell you 100% but I think I paid like around 80Eur for 4xMF120's, 60eur for 2x200mm CM, and the case was like 110Eur, so yeah around 250Eur for all of it, which is not that much for high quality components.
You can find even cheaper fans than mine, but I think playing with the fan curve plays a bigger role in this.

EDIT: BTW I have A LOT of RGB customization options for my CM fans using their MasterPlus fan software, truly haven't regretted a thing since buying them, im not even mention their cooling capacity, its chilling in there xD.
->
View: https://youtu.be/uDPKVKBMQU8?si=PaY2eJSDiIlktvUl

Last edited: