Question Can I connect Corsair fan to my PC without using a Corsair hub ?

Jul 15, 2022
I bought a Corsair ML140 Pro RGB fan today. I connected it to my PC and it works but the RGB doesn’t work ? I have tried every one of the motherboard's connectors and the connectors on my fan hub but nothing works. Motherboard: ASUS tuf GAMING B660M-E D4

piechockidocent9

Honorable
Aug 30, 2017
Yes you can connect ARGB fans or led strips without hub. Fan has 2 cables coming from it yes? One will fit in any of the fan headers (CHA_FAN1/2/etc) and other must be connected to addressable gen 2 header (ADD_GEN 2) via designated switch cable/adapter if it does not fit by default. After that you will be able to steer led lighting of the connected devices via your motherboard producer's app in this case probably Asus Aura.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Yes you can connect ARGB fans or led strips without hub. Fan has 2 cables coming from it yes? One will fit in any of the fan headers (CHA_FAN1/2/etc) and other must be connected to addressable gen 2 header (ADD_GEN 2) via designated switch cable/adapter if it does not fit by default. After that you will be able to steer led lighting of the connected devices via your motherboard producer's app in this case probably Asus Aura.

Corsair typically does not use standard connectors for the RGB portion of their fans.

OP, what hub are you using? These fans are intended to be used with Corsair hubs.