Sep 7, 2024
Good afternoon friends, I have an HP Victus 16 and my laptop's GPU fan is malfunctioning and I need to replace it. Where I live there is no HP support so I found this fan on Chinese websites. There is the option of a 60W - 5V fan (for RTX 3050 which is the one I have on the laptop) and an 80W - 5V fan (for RTX 3060 which is the same laptop model but with a better GPU and CPU). What I would like to know is if I can buy the 80W fan for my 3050 GPU or if I should buy the 60W fan like the original.
And also what changes between the 60W and the 80W fan, is their power different?

Fan link: https://shorturl.at/FkxW1

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If I were you, I'd replace the fan, like for like. It is stated by the seller to contact them and verify with them, your cooler/laptop SKU. The designs of the fans also look different and I'm leaning on clearance issues to be your limiter if HP decided to use the same PCB (sans the CPU and GPU to vary along the product line) and kept the power delivery componentry the same.

You might want to look into a higher quality thermal paste and pads when you're redoing your cooler assembly.