[SOLVED] Can I have 2 programs using different audio outputs?

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
What I am trying to do is have 2 different programs running on my PC at the same time but have each one use a different audio output. I recently got a Oculus Quest 2 and the kids have been using it a lot but some of the games run through my PC using Quest link or Steam VR. While they are playing it uses the Quest headset as the audio output source and I would still like to be able to watch Netflix, YT or anything else and have that play through my headphones. The only thing I could find so far was a way to split 1 audio output into 2 but I would like 2 separate outputs. Is this possible?

Solution
If you have windows 10, type app volume into the search bar and launch the sound mixer app that shows up.
As soon as chrome plays a sound it will show up and you can select a different sound output for it.
Should work with any other program as well.
If you have windows 10, type app volume into the search bar and launch the sound mixer app that shows up.
As soon as chrome plays a sound it will show up and you can select a different sound output for it.

Solution

RacAtat007

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2012
So I can have my browser going through headphones while the Quest 2 is still getting audio from the PC? I'll try it out, thank you for the reply