Mar 6, 2020
I wanna buy R6 and a new graphics card so i would to know which of these GPU can give me more FPS : My specs :

CPU : 4C 4T OC 2.66GHz (it's a pentium j2900 2013)
RAM 4GB >> 8GB
GPU : GTX 750ti low profile 2gb/ gt730 4gb ddr3

i need your help because i think the gtx will bottleneck my CPU

Thxs !

Solution
So, i'll be able to play at 30 FPS or higher ? You know, with some tweaks we can have more FPS , in CSGO my CPU was "not be able to run the game" but it's OC and with some tweaks i have with JUST my cpu 50 fps, i think i'll buy the GT1030, 30FPS ?

If you want to try with the CPU you have, then try it. I doubt anyone on the forums has that CPU and game to test what you are asking. The 750 Ti is faster than the 1030. But if anything will work in your system depends on the power supply you have also. Did you check if the video cards will fit in your case and can run on your power supply?
Mar 6, 2020
I understand ! I have to upgrade a desktop PC to a "Gaming" PC (cuz it's never gonna be a real gaming PC). So i'll be able to play at 30/40 FPS ? That does not bother me to play low at 40 FPS ! With only my CPU and intergrated graphics i RUN csgo fine at 50 FPS to 70FPS

So, what graphics card i need to choice between the gtw 750ti low profile or gt730 4ggb ddr3 ? I think the gtx botlleneck but IDK

Mar 6, 2020
There are my specs :
CPU : Intel J2900 OC 2.66 GHz 4C 4T
RAM 4GB
GPU : GTX 750ti low profile or gt730 ddr3 4gb witch of these GPU bottle neck my CPU ?

Thank you !

PS : I run csgo with only my CPU at 50 FPS

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
I understand ! I have to upgrade a desktop PC to a "Gaming" PC (cuz it's never gonna be a real gaming PC). So i'll be able to play at 30/40 FPS ? That does not bother me to play low at 40 FPS ! With only my CPU and intergrated graphics i RUN csgo fine at 50 FPS to 70FPS

So, what graphics card i need to choice between the gtw 750ti low profile or gt730 4ggb ddr3 ? I think the gtx botlleneck but IDK
Doesn't matter if you bottleneck if you already have the card. Bottlenecking just means the GPU is a little overkill for the system. Nothings really wrong with bottlenecking.
You need to upgrade to more RAM. 6-8gb will be okay. 4gb is not gonna cut it.
You also need to upgrade to a new CPU. Do you know if you have DDR2 or DDR3 RAM? Letting me know will help me give you processor upgrade options

Mar 6, 2020
ddr3 RAM, but i can't upgrade my CPU, it"s BAIL TRAIL !! I don't wanna change my CPU, it's $$$, and wanna upgrade my compute, My CPU only run CSGO at 50 FPS, do you think it's gonna make it at all ? And yes i'll upgrade to 8GB of RAM

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
ddr3 RAM, but i can't upgrade my CPU, it"s BAIL TRAIL !! I don't wanna change my CPU, it's $$$, and wanna upgrade my compute, My CPU only run CSGO at 50 FPS, do you think it's gonna make it at all ? And yes i'll upgrade to 8GB of RAM
Upgrading your ram won’t do you much I’m afraid... unless you upgrade the CPU with it.
Can you give us the model of motherboard that you have?

Mar 6, 2020
Manufacturer essentielb
Model BTDD-LT (SOCKET 0)
Version 1.0
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Bay Trail Host Bridge
Chipset Revision 0E
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model Bay Trail LPC Bridge
Southbridge Revision 0E
System Temperature 27 °C

Does that make a difference ? And with my actuall CPU and a GT730 ddr3 4gb, can you estmiate my FPS, idc to play at low settings

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Manufacturer essentielb
Model BTDD-LT (SOCKET 0)
Version 1.0
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model Bay Trail Host Bridge
Chipset Revision 0E
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model Bay Trail LPC Bridge
Southbridge Revision 0E
System Temperature 27 °C

Does that make a difference ? And with my actuall CPU and a GT730 ddr3 4gb, can you estmiate my FPS, idc to play at low settings
Your actual CPU will not be able to run the game. It’s nowhere close to the minimum requirements.
The GT 730 wont run the game either. You’d have to use the gtx 750.

Mar 6, 2020
So, i'll be able to play at 30 FPS or higher ? You know, with some tweaks we can have more FPS , in CSGO my CPU was "not be able to run the game" but it's OC and with some tweaks i have with JUST my cpu 50 fps, i think i'll buy the GT1030, 30FPS ?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2020
Hello everyone, i wanna buy a GPU and R6 but before i would like to know if i'll be able to run this game with these specs because i have a challenge to upgrade a desktop computer to a "Gaming PC", but i can't change my CPU because it's BGA1170 :

CPU : 4C 4T OC 2.6GHz 2MB cache 22 nm

RAM : 4GB >>>8GB DDR3

GPU : can you tell me what GPU, i can intall to max FPS but with a very low TDP ! and no bottle neck !

Thank you !

Insane Potatoz

Reputable
Sep 22, 2019
Dude. Why buy a 1030 when you have a gtx 750?
Rainbow six is far more demanding than CSGO. Even with an overclock on your CPU, it won’t cut it. The minimum CPU is an Intel Core i3-560. Also the minimum RAM is 6gb.
So I’d recommend upgrading your RAM and CPU, then stick with your GTX 750. You do not need a new graphics card.

Edit: Wait hold on. Let me do a bit more research on your CPU to see if you actually can run it, cause I may be wrong.

Edit 2: nope. Nope nope nope. If you even want a chance at running the game, get a better CPU

Last edited:

If you want to try with the CPU you have, then try it. I doubt anyone on the forums has that CPU and game to test what you are asking. The 750 Ti is faster than the 1030. But if anything will work in your system depends on the power supply you have also. Did you check if the video cards will fit in your case and can run on your power supply?

Solution