Question Can I unplug one fan from my Ryuo iii 360 to test which fan is squeaking?

krony_canvas

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2012
I've recently purchased myself a Ryuo iii 360. One of the fans seem to sqeuak but I want to diagnose which specific fan(s). There are 3 fans which are all plugged into a splitter so unplugging one won't kill the others, it would just mean only 2 fans would be spinning.

If I was to unplug one fan and then use my computer like normal for a few mins or so(my cpu can get to 60c). That should be fine right? I looked online and everyone is like "don't unplug your cpu fan, it will cause damage", but in this circumstance I'm just unplugging one of the three fans, not the whole lot.

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I've recently purchased myself a Ryuo iii 360. One of the fans seem to sqeuak but I want to diagnose which specific fan(s). There are 3 fans which are all plugged into a splitter so unplugging one won't kill the others, it would just mean only 2 fans would be spinning.

If I was to unplug one fan and then use my computer like normal for a few mins or so(my cpu can get to 60c). That should be fine right? I looked online and everyone is like "don't unplug your cpu fan, it will cause damage", but in this circumstance I'm just unplugging one of the three fans, not the whole lot.
Take a wooden broom stick or another non-conductive tool. Put the device on each fan until you find the culprit.

Reactions: krony_canvas