Question Can someone tell me if there is any way to change the speeds of the LL120s from corsair without buying the 60 dollar commander pro?

Mar 1, 2019
I cannot no matter what application i use change the speeds of these fans i am using a fan hub i bought off amazon for 15 bucks its plugged into one four pin chassis fan header on my mobo and also another thing i already went into my bios and i cannot change the speed of the chassis fans from there i can only "monitor" them im not really tryna spend another 60 to buy the commander pro for icue but i guess if i have to..

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
To help us check details, post a link to the fan Hub you bought.

MOST fan Hubs can do what you need, but they require two things. One is that the fans must be of the new PWM design, and your LL120's ARE, so that's OK. The second item is that the mobo fan header you plug the Hub into MUST be operating in PWM Mode so it supplies the PWM control signal to the Hub via header Pin #4. Now, many mobo headers can be set to operate either in PWM Mode or in the older Voltage Control Mode (aka DC Mode) even though they have 4 pins. So check in BIOS Setup for the particular mobo header you have plugged to Hub into and verify it is set the PWM Mode.

Mar 1, 2019
hi thanks a lot man i spent hours in the bios of my mobo looking for fan header information fan speed options and anything to do with the chassis_1 fan header i have my fan hub plugged into but the only two options were either to monitor those fans speed or ignore them all together i cant find anything i have just purchased an msi mpg z390 gaming edge hopefully that uefi will have more options its either that or buy the commander pro

Feb 23, 2019
hi thanks a lot man i spent hours in the bios of my mobo looking for fan header information fan speed options and anything to do with the chassis_1 fan header i have my fan hub plugged into but the only two options were either to monitor those fans speed or ignore them all together i cant find anything i have just purchased an msi mpg z390 gaming edge hopefully that uefi will have more options its either that or buy the commander pro

Before I bought the commander pro to deal with 4 LL fans, I had 2 plugged into fan headers, while also into the fan hub. But then again, the case had the lightning node pro. But both fans speed was accessible in my bios. B350m Bazooka Mobo. I ditched the lightning node pro and got the commander pro. No fan headers used, decent control of everything in iCue software

Mar 1, 2019
Sorry man there's no way to control the speeds with the lighting node pro only the commander pro can control the speeds we'll see what happens when I get this new Mobo

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You have not told us what Fan Hub you bought, but you may not need one.

First, understand that the Corsair LL120 fans have TWO cab;es from each fan. ONE of these ends in a standard 4-pin fan female connector, and the fan motor design is the new PWM system. That connector can simply plug into any mobo SYS_FAN header on your new MSI mobo, and all of those headers can be set to use PWM Mode. You have not specified how many fans you plan for case ventilation, but the mobo you are expecting has five SYS_FAN headers. So you could easily power and control the motors of five LL120 fans from those with NO fan Hub or Splitter.

Now, the SECOND cable from each fan is for the RGB lighting devices built into the fan frame, and THAT is what the mobo's special JCORSAIR1 header is for. But there's more to it. That header can supply the power AND control functions for the ADDR RGB lighting devices in the LL120 fans, but there's only one such header and you have more fans than that. So you DO need an additional accessory from Corsair's line to do this plus a cable. Corsair has several controllers for use with their fans' RGB systems, so you need the right one. it is called the Corsair RGB LED Hub Model CO-8950020. It has SIX output ports for plugging in the RGB cables from fans, an attached cable ending in a SATA connector to plug into a SATA power output from the PSU, and a socket to plug in a signal cable connecting the Hub to that mobo JCORSAIR1 header.That last cable may NOT come with the Hub, so check carefully with Corsair how you can get it. Using this system you can distribute the control and power from the single mobo JCORSAIR1 header to up to six RGB lighting units in fans. If you have only ONE such fan you don't need it, of course. And if you do not care about lights, you don't need it either. You do NOT need the top-of-the-line Corsair Commander Pro for this. But shop around for pricing on the RGB LED Hub. I saw it offered from $20 to $60 new, and cheaper used. Actual control of the RGB lighting is done by a software utility that sends out signals on the mobo header, and I presume that utility is provided by MSI on a CD of utilities that comes with the mobo.

Mar 1, 2019
Yo thanks a lot man there was a lot of useful information in that post but I got my new Mobo today and it has more than enough fan headers on it I have the Corsair crystal 280x I'm running two intake fans and one exhaust fan I can control all the fans speeds through the uefi now and I got everything nice cool and quiet the h100i pro I bought keeps the 8700k pretty cool as well I got it running a stable 4.7 GHz and everything's good guys thanks a lot

Feb 23, 2019
Yo thanks a lot man there was a lot of useful information in that post but I got my new Mobo today and it has more than enough fan headers on it I have the Corsair crystal 280x I'm running two intake fans and one exhaust fan I can control all the fans speeds through the uefi now and I got everything nice cool and quiet the h100i pro I bought keeps the 8700k pretty cool as well I got it running a stable 4.7 GHz and everything's good guys thanks a lot

I have the same case and run/ran 4 ll120’s and an 80mm to the rear. 3 intake and 1 ehasut on the ll’s and exhaust on the 80mm obviously. I manage the 4 with the commander pro which I do like. And the 80mm through bios and fan header