[SOLVED] Can you explain what's up with Logitech G513 keys?

Mkazem

Honorable
Jul 18, 2016
I just bought a new Logitech G513 Keyboard, and I noticed something is different from the images I saw on the web.

This is one version

23-126-511-01.jpg

But I got this version

g513-intro-image.png

Notice that number keys and function keys are half lit on the bottom image. Also symbols are centered on the top image.
So why some people get fully lit keys? is this about region or some kind of redesign?

Lutfij

Titan
Solution

Mkazem

Honorable
Jul 18, 2016
Which switch type did you choose from the rop down menu on Logitech's site;
https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/pro...it-mechanical-gaming-keyboard.920-008848.html
?

The reason you have a difference in the backlighting is due to the switch design. The one's shown here, with the Romer's, will have the LED chine from the center as opposed to the (top or bottom/North or South facing LED's)edge seen on Cherry style switches. The latter are the GX's.

I see, I got the GX Blue one. is it worse than Romer's?

Lutfij

Titan
I can't and won't comment on switches since it's a personal preference. You asked about why the illumination is different and now you've confirmed that part, being on a Cherry style switch as opposed to the Romer.

If you asked my personal opinion, I don't like clicky switches. I prefer tactile/linear switches.

Reactions: Mkazem

Mkazem

Honorable
Jul 18, 2016
I can't and won't comment on switches since it's a personal preference. You asked about why the illumination is different and now you've confirmed that part, being on a Cherry style switch as opposed to the Romer.

If you asked my personal opinion, I don't like clicky switches. I prefer tactile/linear switches.

Right, thanks for clearing that up.