SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
1. If 1 RTX 2080 Ti 11GB has Micron memory and the other has Samsung memory, are they compatible with NV-Link?

2. If 1 RTX 2080 Ti 11GB has 2 fans and the other has 3 fans, are they compatible with NV-Link? (Is the 3-fan GPU base physically longer than the 2-fan GPU base?)

3. Do you have to manually tweak the different GPUs so they match in clock speed for the NV-Link to work? (Or will the GPUs automatically follow the speed of the slower card?)

4. I have a EVGA 1000 Watt Titanium PSU, is that enough for 2 x RTX 2080Ti's and 9900k?

5. Seeing that 2 x RTX 2080 Ti's might be a tad too powerful for my 4k 144hz Acer X27 Monitor (just a tad), should I undervolt and underclock the 2 GPUs so they won't draw too much unnecessary wattage from the wall, and also won't reach high GPU temperatures under load? (Prolonging the GPU's lifespan)

Anyone here ever used NV-Link and have any advice from lessons learned through trial and error?

Solution
1. If 1 RTX 2080 Ti 11GB has Micron memory and the other has Samsung memory, are they compatible with NV-Link?

2. If 1 RTX 2080 Ti 11GB has 2 fans and the other has 3 fans, are they compatible with NV-Link? (Is the 3-fan GPU base physically longer than the 2-fan GPU base?)

3. Do you have to manually tweak the different GPUs so they match in clock speed for the NV-Link to work? (Or will the GPUs automatically follow the speed of the slower card?)

4. I have a EVGA 1000 Watt Titanium PSU, is that enough for 2 x RTX 2080Ti's and 9900k?

5. Seeing that 2 x RTX 2080 Ti's might be a tad too powerful for my 4k 144hz Acer X27 Monitor (just a tad), should I undervolt and underclock the 2 GPUs so they won't draw too much unnecessary wattage...

5. Seeing that 2 x RTX 2080 Ti's might be a tad too powerful for my 4k 144hz Acer X27 Monitor (just a tad), should I undervolt and underclock the 2 GPUs so they won't draw too much unnecessary wattage from the wall, and also won't reach high GPU temperatures under load? (Prolonging the GPU's lifespan)

Anyone here ever used NV-Link and have any advice from lessons learned through trial and error?

1. The MEMORY Type doesn't matter, as long as both the GPUs are of the same model, having similar CUDA Cores as well.

2. Yes, both the cards are compatible. It doesn't matter if one GPU is having 3 fans, as long as the GPU base Model is the same.

3. No, not needed. NVLINK will automatically give you the desired clock speeds and bandwidth.

4. Yes, more than enough !

5. You can under volt if you wish, though this won't be necessary.

Solution
By the way, why do you wan to go for an SLI/NVLINK setup, that too with the Flagship RTX 2080 Ti GPU ? It's kind of overkill, IMO.

Is this for Gaming, or some other purpose ? Because, for games there is no point in having an SLI setup, since many games don't even have proper support for SLI, and some don't scale well either.

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
By the way, why do you wan to go for an SLI/NVLINK setup, that too with the Flagship RTX 2080 Ti GPU ? It's kind of overkill, IMO.

Is this for Gaming, or some other purpose ? Because, for games there is no point in having an SLI setup, since many games don't even have proper support for SLI, and some don't scale well either.
Because im not maxing out the 144hz on my 4k monitor with just a single RTX 2080 Ti