[SOLVED] Can you run intel turbo boost on a H type motherboard? I get BSOD/freeze whenever i enable turbo boost on my h310m h

Jun 1, 2021
Hello, i have a Gigabyte H310m H motherboard with a i7-9700k cpu and every time i try to enable intel turbo boost, my pc freezes and i get BSOD. I analyzed the minidump files and it said something about Genuine Intel Unkown Error 124 or something like that. The BSOD error code was: MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I want to mention that i did not overclock my cpu. Basically i can only run cpu at base speed of 3.6Ghz. I checked and tested everything i could, from ram memory to driver updates, corrupted files, windows updates, bios updates, hard drives, tested cpu with intel cpu diagnostic tool, and everything went good. My temperatures are also ok (30 deg idle to a max of 60-62 while gaming). I am concerned about my motherboard because it is a buget one and idk how good vrm it has to support a i7 9700k with turbo boost on.

Thank you for making time to read this and for your help.

Solution
I solved it! It was the electrical outlet... i assume it didn't give enough power to my system. Ever since i plugged my pc power cable to another outlet i had no issues. 0 bsod and 0 crashes, with intel turbo boost enbled of course. :)
Jun 1, 2021
yes. turbo boost run on any motherboard. you just can't OC on a H type
check cpu temp?
brand and model of the psu?
Yes, my cpu temps are ok , 30 deg idle to 60 while gaming like i said. I have a pre build pc and i dont know my psu model, on the site i bought pc it says it is a 650w 80+ bronze. I also noticed that i hear a wierd electric sound coming from my pc when i enable turbo boost and it happens when im browsing the internet, or when i move my mouse on the screen. The more ghz i add to turbo boost, the louder and more often it happens. Should i open the case and check the model of psu?

Jun 1, 2021
I solved it! It was the electrical outlet... i assume it didn't give enough power to my system. Ever since i plugged my pc power cable to another outlet i had no issues. 0 bsod and 0 crashes, with intel turbo boost enbled of course. :)

Solution