cannot add or see network printers

I have an xp pro machine, 3.0 mghz, 1g ram, pent 4, on a 10/100 tcp/ip Lan. I
print and plot to an hp laserjet 4 plus and an hp designjet 1050c plotter.
Both are working fine. The hitch is that I wanted to check the properties for
the laserjet the other day and when I selected the "start/settings/printers
and faxes" they DO NOT SHOW. Also I am UNABLE TO ADD A PRINTER. I have
checked and the script services are started which I thought they would be as
I can print just Fine but I need to fix this. I appreciate any help I can get
on this, I have searched the newsgroups and only find fixes for NT (which I
tried to no avail). I will watch for responses here but you could also e-mail
me at : rhots995@netzero.com.
Thank you,
Rick

Press winkey-break(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl') ,/Hardware tab Open the Device manager and click the + sign next to Ports(COM & LPT).
select the printer port, e.g. ECP Printer Port (LPT1). Port Settings tab check the 'Enable legacy Plug and Play detection'

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> Press winkey-break(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl') ,/Hardware tab Open the Device manager and click the + sign next to Ports(COM & LPT).
> select the printer port, e.g. ECP Printer Port (LPT1). Port Settings tab check the 'Enable legacy Plug and Play detection'
>
> --
>
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> ..
> "Rick H" <Rick H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC34F065-D63D-4D06-AA29-0619B56A2A33@microsoft.com...
> >I have an xp pro machine, 3.0 mghz, 1g ram, pent 4, on a 10/100 tcp/ip Lan. I
> > print and plot to an hp laserjet 4 plus and an hp designjet 1050c plotter.
> > Both are working fine. The hitch is that I wanted to check the properties for
> > the laserjet the other day and when I selected the "start/settings/printers
> > and faxes" they DO NOT SHOW. Also I am UNABLE TO ADD A PRINTER. I have
> > checked and the script services are started which I thought they would be as
> > I can print just Fine but I need to fix this. I appreciate any help I can get
> > on this, I have searched the newsgroups and only find fixes for NT (which I
> > tried to no avail). I will watch for responses here but you could also e-mail
> > me at : rhots995@netzero.com.
> > Thank you,
> > Rick

Thanks for trying, it didn't work

"Rick H" wrote:

> "Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:
>
> > Press winkey-break(or start/run 'sysdm.cpl') ,/Hardware tab Open the Device manager and click the + sign next to Ports(COM & LPT).
> > select the printer port, e.g. ECP Printer Port (LPT1). Port Settings tab check the 'Enable legacy Plug and Play detection'
> >
> > --
> >
> > Mark L. Ferguson
> > FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
> > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> > marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm
> > ..
> > "Rick H" <Rick H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC34F065-D63D-4D06-AA29-0619B56A2A33@microsoft.com...
> > >I have an xp pro machine, 3.0 mghz, 1g ram, pent 4, on a 10/100 tcp/ip Lan. I
> > > print and plot to an hp laserjet 4 plus and an hp designjet 1050c plotter.
> > > Both are working fine. The hitch is that I wanted to check the properties for
> > > the laserjet the other day and when I selected the "start/settings/printers
> > > and faxes" they DO NOT SHOW. Also I am UNABLE TO ADD A PRINTER. I have
> > > checked and the script services are started which I thought they would be as
> > > I can print just Fine but I need to fix this. I appreciate any help I can get
> > > on this, I have searched the newsgroups and only find fixes for NT (which I
> > > tried to no avail). I will watch for responses here but you could also e-mail
> > > me at : rhots995@netzero.com.
> > > Thank you,
> > > Rick
> >

> Thanks for trying, it didn't work