[SOLVED] Can't find my Graphics Card on websites.

Raz_5_

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
Hello everyone, I am trying to do some calculations on my PC until I upgrade, just out of curiosity I was wondering if this is considered a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB like it says or is it something else? Is it being considered a GeForce GTX 1060 5 GB? like Im not crazy I promise. I just dont understand why I cant find any info on this thing.

GPU:
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD 6GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Card

I was just wondering is all, like is it weaker then a true 1060? Is it better? Is it a bootleg. Heck if I know.

Solution
Hello everyone, I am trying to do some calculations on my PC until I upgrade, just out of curiosity I was wondering if this is considered a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB like it says or is it something else? Is it being considered a GeForce GTX 1060 5 GB? like Im not crazy I promise. I just dont understand why I cant find any info on this thing.

GPU:
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1060 DirectX 12 GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD 6GB 192-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 ATX Video Card

I was just wondering is all, like is it weaker then a true 1060? Is it better? Is it a bootleg. Heck if I know.
In the name it says it's the 6GB version. Why do you think it has 5GB? The GDDR5 has nothing to do with the amount of VRAM,if that is what confused you...

GPU:

In the name it says it's the 6GB version. Why do you think it has 5GB? The GDDR5 has nothing to do with the amount of VRAM,if that is what confused you.

https://www.gigabyte.com/gr/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD-rev-10-11#kf
That is the card. You can't find it for sale because it is not produced anymore and probably out of stock. Used can be found for sure.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
There are GTX 1060 6GB and 3GB variants. There's no such thing as GTX 1060 5GB.

GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD is 6GB version.
Not saying that this one is, but there are some 5GB 1060 cards out there.
Specific to the Chinese market.

Reactions: Ignelio

Raz_5_

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
In the name it says it's the 6GB version. Why do you think it has 5GB? The GDDR5 has nothing to do with the amount of VRAM,if that is what confused you.

https://www.gigabyte.com/gr/Graphics-Card/GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD-rev-10-11#kf
That is the card. You can't find it for sale because it is not produced anymore and probably out of stock. Used can be found for sure.

I just doubt my setup because I see others with the same setup as me, but they are able to do everything I cant. So I thought maybe it was a fake 1060 or something, and when I meant info my bad I should have specified but I mean like one websites like PC Part Picker and User Benchmarks because I know my graphics card is outdated and need a new one, but I feel like it should be preforming way better. Granted my CPU is a i5-4690k.

Expecting better performance is something completely different. You might have another issue in your system which makes the "lower than expected" performance. Yes, your CPU age and threads/clocks will not help much but it pairs well with a 1060.

Post your full system specs please. Do include make and model of your PSU. Run userbenchmark and post the link to the results please.

DSzymborski

Titan
In addition to complete specs, please give specific data as to why you don't believe your PC is performing as it should. We really need all this info; we're not at your PC, so the only information we have access to is what you share with us. If you don't share anything with us, then we're blind.

Raz_5_

Honorable
Mar 5, 2017
In addition to complete specs, please give specific data as to why you don't believe your PC is performing as it should. We really need all this info; we're not at your PC, so the only information we have access to is what you share with us. If you don't share anything with us, then we're blind.

Here I hope this is what you're looking for. Id love to get some information.

View: https://imgur.com/a/rCU3QNi

Last edited: