[SOLVED] Can't get windows 7 installed on intel chipset 310. Please help me!

ArtomPhaser

Prominent
Jun 8, 2020
Hello so I tried to get windows 7 on my computer heres the motherboard (msi h310m pro-m2) but after putting the usb in it didn't detect the mouse and keyboard. But it was plugged in and it even worked in bios. I looked online and used couple of tools such as msi smart tool, gigabyte windows image tool and still when I put the usb 3.0 flash drive where the installer is, it still dosen't detect the mouse and keyboard.

I'm lost what to do now please can I get help and my motherboard dosen't support it I know but there are work around it but it dosen't work for me.

Solution
this tool will update your win 7 image with the needed drivers.

Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper - VideoHelp Forum

however, this does not mean that you'll have the needed system drivers to have all the features work. it will simply put the needed usb drivers and other updated into your install files. you'll have to be sure you can get win 7 drivers for the features you need to use. if msi does not have win 7 drivers, you may still be able to find them but it'll take some detective work.

had similar issues myself but since using this tool, i've put win 7 onto many new systems that don't officially support it. 3rd gen ryzen and newer intel chips both work from this installer.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello so I tried to get windows 7 on my computer heres the motherboard (msi h310m pro-m2) but after putting the usb in it didn't detect the mouse and keyboard. But it was plugged in and it even worked in bios. I looked online and used couple of tools such as msi smart tool, gigabyte windows image tool and still when I put the usb 3.0 flash drive where the installer is, it still dosen't detect the mouse and keyboard.

I'm lost what to do now please can I get help and my motherboard dosen't support it I know but there are work around it but it dosen't work for me.
That motherboard was not designed to support Windows 7. So you have to update the windows 7 installer to have additional drivers included.

BUT after looking at MSI's website they say "NO CAN DO" -- https://www.msi.com/faq/motherboard-3146

They don't supply the necessary files to update your windows 7 installer.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

Windows 7 Image Updater - SkyLake\KabyLake\CoffeLake\Ryzen Threadripper - VideoHelp Forum

however, this does not mean that you'll have the needed system drivers to have all the features work. it will simply put the needed usb drivers and other updated into your install files. you'll have to be sure you can get win 7 drivers for the features you need to use. if msi does not have win 7 drivers, you may still be able to find them but it'll take some detective work.

had similar issues myself but since using this tool, i've put win 7 onto many new systems that don't officially support it. 3rd gen ryzen and newer intel chips both work from this installer.

Reactions: ArtomPhaser
Solution

ArtomPhaser

Prominent
Jun 8, 2020

Ok I will try that one