Question Can't install Realtek Drivers on windows 10.

Oct 15, 2021
I have had this problem for a while now. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers but I check device manager and the driver isnt there. I cant even find it when searching for hidden.
I get my driver from the ASUS website because my motherboard is the b360-f. When using the asus setup, I find a new driver labeled unknown device.
I dont remember how i solved this problem a few months ago because i did it by accident.

Installing some ASUS drivers can be a 2 step process: first you have to run the AsusSetup.exe program which sometimes downloads Windows support files, dlls, etc. needed for the driver. It may help to run this "As Administrator". This can be difficult since ASUS is lazy and doesn't clearly show what's going on: sometimes you just get a little tiny window on the screen and there's nothing you can do but wait until it goes away, indicating that part of the process is over. Then after that you can run the real Setup.exe installer which does the real work of installing the Realtek files. This should work as it does with the latest Realtek 2299 sound driver.

Oct 15, 2021
Installing some ASUS drivers can be a 2 step process: first you have to run the AsusSetup.exe program which sometimes downloads Windows support files, dlls, etc. needed for the driver. It may help to run this "As Administrator". This can be difficult since ASUS is lazy and doesn't clearly show what's going on: sometimes you just get a little tiny window on the screen and there's nothing you can do but wait until it goes away, indicating that part of the process is over. Then after that you can run the real Setup.exe installer which does the real work of installing the Realtek files. This should work as it does with the latest Realtek 2299 sound driver.

So I installed the asus setup first with administrator then did the realtek setup. Still nothing. No realtek output for sound.
Files for realtek was created in program files though

Oct 15, 2021
I dont know what you mean by a port but i assume you mean the ports i use to put my headphone jack in. I use the port on the front of my pc as the green port at the back of my pc is used up by my monitor. Currently, I am using my Microphone speaker's ports as the microphone has an audio driver so i can listen. I have tried to plug my headphone jack back in
but nothing changed

I disabled nvidia audio devices and i dont think anything changed. However, I realised i didn't check my C:\Program Files and I dont see a realtek file. I dont know if there is supposed to be one in the Program files but there is one in the x86 one. I reinstalled and still no file.

noel_prg_la1979

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
@BotUgaBuga

is this your Asus motherboard?

apparently ASUS supplied the standard legacy Realtek audio drivers and not the ones in smaller/compact UAD (universal audio driver) format and the latest one there listed is v6.0.1.8746, which the standard non-UAD version (hence the download size is big)

first remove the existing realtek audio drivers by using DDU (display driver uninstaller), reboot and run the asus setup program from that zip package [be sure to use 7zip to extract all the files inside onto a temp folder] and reboot again.