Can't Send/Receive in Outlook 2003

martin

After performing a fresh reinstall of Windows XP HE and restoring my Outlook
files (*.pst, *.pab), I can read everything in them via Outlook 2003, but
when I press the Send/Receive button, I get the following message:

You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation...

I changed the permissions on those files (in safe mode) since the machine
name and user name was changed with this reinstall.

Your help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Martin

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

Martin wrote:

> After performing a fresh reinstall of Windows XP HE and restoring my Outlook
> files (*.pst, *.pab), I can read everything in them via Outlook 2003, but
> when I press the Send/Receive button, I get the following message:
>
> You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation...
>
> I changed the permissions on those files (in safe mode) since the machine
> name and user name was changed with this reinstall.
>
> Your help is appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

Best to post to an outlook newsgroup. Here is a list of all MS public
newsgroups: http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Outlook is a part of office I think, and you might do better in that
newsgroup.

Martin Wrote:
> After performing a fresh reinstall of Windows XP HE and restoring my
> Outlook
> files (*.pst, *.pab), I can read everything in them via Outlook 2003,
> but
> when I press the Send/Receive button, I get the following message:
>
> You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation...
>
> I changed the permissions on those files (in safe mode) since the
> machine
> name and user name was changed with this reinstall.
>
> Your help is appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Martin

Try some of these: