Question Can't use new M2 SSD for OS

May 21, 2021
Bought a new Samsung 980 NVMe M.2 SSD for my HP Omen 15 ce00x. Took the laptop apart installed the ssd physically and cloned my HDD to the new SSD with Partition wizzard. After a restart the PC recognized the new SSD but wouldn't boot from it. Tried changing to legacy mode and dsiabling secure boot - did not work. When I took out the HDD and tried to boot with only the ssd plugged into the laptop it didn't boot at all. Tried just migrating the OS instead of cloning the entire HDD but to no avail. Everything on the laptop is up to date. Checked for BIOS updates, driver updates and even for the samsung ssd drivers.

Anyone encountered similar issues? I'm kind of stuck and out of options at this point. Don't know what else I could try. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

May 21, 2021
Just want to add that I cannot access advanced settings in the BIOS as HP seems to have blocked its users from accessing it. Therefore there is no way for me to change the boot order in the laptop. It seems to prioritize the hdd at all times.