[SOLVED] Can't view Camera Feed Via 192.168.1.2 Anymore

Jun 20, 2019
Ok so I have DVR cameras set up, they are connected to the router via ethernet. After finding out about using web browsers to view the camera feed, I've using it every day. It occasionally changes IP if the router resets or it turns off but I just switch to .4 or.6 and find it. Now when I try to access feed it says "Can’t reach this page, Make sure the web address http://192.168.1.2 is correct". Thing is it is correct, I've checked on my router page (192.168.1.1) and I can view the live view from my phone via an app called Guarding Expert so I'm clueless.

Tried using Chrome and IE, still no use. I even made it a static IP and assigned it to the camera. I have to use IE, well IE Tab (an extension from the Chrome store) to view the feed because Chrome discontinued support for NPAPI plugins.

Help would be much appreciated :)

Solution
Do not know about how Guarding Expert works.

If all cameras have the same, static IP address then the Guarding Expert software must have some other way to identify one camera from another. Camera MAC perhaps...

Will need to defer that matter to someone else using the software/app.

As for DHCP IP address range, you can control that via the router's admin pages.

Usually configured by setting a starting DHCP IP address and an ending DHCP IP address; e.g., 192.168.1. 20 to 192.168.1.29 for ten devices.

Or perhaps 192.168.1.20 and then a "10" to end the range.

What make and model router?

Key is to not let the router assign 192.168.1.2 to any other connecting device and to also ensure that your network does not already have...
Jun 20, 2019
Download an application like Fing on your smartphone, and use it do discover what devices you have on your network. ALso, you can configure your router' DHCP server to assign fixed IP addresses to these cameras, so you don't have to hunt for them.

I've already found out what devices I have on my network, I can view it by going on the router page (192.168.1.1). And I don't think the cameras are each assigned an IP, I'm not a camera expert so I'm not sure, but it's all connected as one system, no individual cameras show up on the IP address list.

Ralston18

Titan
Does the "GuardingExpert" software include configuration settings that you can modify to search for a specific camera by name or IP address?

If GuardingExpert is finding the camera, you should be able to discover the camera's IP address and subnet mask. And perhaps the camera's MAC.

Make and model router?

How many DVR cameras do you have set up? Make(s) & model(s)?

The cameras are normally factory preset to some default IP address which may duplicate an existing network IP address.

Overall (per @Alabalcho) you should establish a static and different IP address for each camera connecting to the host network router.

Reserve a static IP address for each camera on the router by using the camera's MAC.

Be sure that all of the assigned static IP addresses are outside of the DHCP IP address range allowed to the router.

Limit the allowed DHCP IP address range to accommodate the number of other expected network devices that could be connected at any given time plus a couple of extras for guests to use.

Sketch out a simple network diagram so you can keep track of devices and network connections. On the diagram, simply note the device name, its' assigned IP address (if static), and its' MAC.

Indicate DHCP devices by using "DHCP".

Reactions: wasi619-
Jun 20, 2019
@Ralston18 The cameras are not individually connected to an IP, it's all just connected as one IP that lets me login to the page and view the live feed for all cameras. 4 cameras set up, I don't know which ones or what the model/make is as somebody else set them up.

On Guarding Expert it does say the IP is 192.168.1.2.

"Be sure that all of the assigned static IP addresses are outside of the DHCP IP address range allowed to the router".

How is this possible? I cannot add static IP's outside the DHCP range for my router.

Ralston18

Titan
Do not know about how Guarding Expert works.

If all cameras have the same, static IP address then the Guarding Expert software must have some other way to identify one camera from another. Camera MAC perhaps...

Will need to defer that matter to someone else using the software/app.

As for DHCP IP address range, you can control that via the router's admin pages.

Usually configured by setting a starting DHCP IP address and an ending DHCP IP address; e.g., 192.168.1. 20 to 192.168.1.29 for ten devices.

Or perhaps 192.168.1.20 and then a "10" to end the range.

What make and model router?

Key is to not let the router assign 192.168.1.2 to any other connecting device and to also ensure that your network does not already have 192.168.1.2 statically assigned to another device.

Again I do not know about how Guarding Expert is configured to handle four cameras on one IP address.

For me; each camera has its own static IP.

Look at the cameras - should be some information on them regarding make and model.

Reactions: wasi619-
Solution
Jun 20, 2019
When I said I can't add static IP's outside the DHCP range, I had already tried to change it on the router admin page. There are dropdown boxes for inputting static IP's and it only shows the IP's within the DHCP range (192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.251 or whatever it is.

My ISP is Talktalk (from the UK), router is HUAWEI HG633. I have gone through the camera system settings and menus and I haven't been able to find the camera make/model for them. Guarding Expert has 5 options for connecting to devices (click link to view all options: View: https://imgur.com/a/QadBG83
). I choose to connect by scanning a QR code.

I will try to change the DHCP IP range and see if this changes anything.

Jun 20, 2019
Ok it's working now. I rebooted the camera system earlier and it surprisingly just started working. Hmmm... interesting, Thanks for the help about static IP's, it should resole IP conflicts and other issues

Ralston18

Titan
Very good, you are welcome.

And as an afterthought, just for the record, I remembered (when I was working with a wireless camera awhile back) that the connection process/handshake was very slow.

Eventually camera, router, and software all got together and I could see images, etc...