simmy2109

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Alright so I have almost everything figured out for my new (and first) build. Now I just need to figure out what case to use. I'm looking for a mid-tower case. It needs to have good airflow; I intend for every component in the case to be air cooled so a lot of heat may be dumped into the case. I am also going to be sleeping in the same room as this PC (as will my college roommate) so I need it to be relatively quiet. I know I can buy quieter fans, but I guess I'd just like the included fans and setup to be quiet enough (but maybe that's a poor approach). I also like the look of some amount of clear paneling on the side, but it'd not a deal-breaker. I also like the look of some amount of light in the case or on the fans, but I need to lights to either be capable of being turned off or not be very bright, since my roommate and I have to sleep with it.

And another side question I thought I'd bring up... In you opinion, which is better, positively or negatively pressuring your case?

Thanks! You guys are the best!

simmy2109

Honorable
May 17, 2012
Well obviously the case itself doesn't make noise.... So is the better approach to just always buy silent fans? Why don't the cases come with quiet fans anyways? :p

By the way, I was looking into NZXT's Phantom 410 (I like the way it looks) but was concerned if i would have enough airflow. Opinions?

I have an Enermax Hoplite, which has thick, heavy panels like many of the Antec cases (.8mm iirc). This cuts down vibration noise considerably. The front fan has a speed control knob, and LED illumination that can be set to display a number of different patterns, or be turned off completely. It has a lot of hard drive mounting options, including a 2-drive backplane, 2 slots for 2.5" drives, and a top SATA dock.