I have a problem with all my cd-roms in winxp, the speed
drops while burning to a CD-RW and/or copying files to
the harddrive (like around 250MB files), when I went to
the event viewer I see: a warning file An error was
detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging
operation.
How do I solve This?

Andy, rt click on MyComputer>Select Prop>Hardware>Device Manager>ATA/ATAPI
IDE Controllers. Double Click on Primary>Select Advanced Settings>DMA in
both Transfer Mode Boxes.
Repeat with Secondary.