My disc writer says there's no disc in. There was and it was a new one. Is
there a reason why all of a sudden it won't write? I have lots of pictures
and need to get them to discs to free up space. Any help is appriciative.
Thank you.

Install the software that came with the CD writer .

"perrylover" wrote:

> My disc writer says there's no disc in. There was and it was a new one. Is
> there a reason why all of a sudden it won't write? I have lots of pictures
> and need to get them to discs to free up space. Any help is appriciative.
> Thank you.

It was already installed when I bought the computer. Just wondered if there
was something I could do to get it back online.

"jerryrock" wrote:

> Install the software that came with the CD writer .
>
> "perrylover" wrote:
>
> > My disc writer says there's no disc in. There was and it was a new one. Is
> > there a reason why all of a sudden it won't write? I have lots of pictures
> > and need to get them to discs to free up space. Any help is appriciative.
> > Thank you.

If the drive is listed in Device Manager, then it is "online". You may need
to remove and re-install the software that came with the drive.

"perrylover" <perrylover@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It was already installed when I bought the computer. Just wondered if
> there
> was something I could do to get it back online.
>
> "jerryrock" wrote:
>
>> Install the software that came with the CD writer .
>>
>> "perrylover" wrote:
>>
>> > My disc writer says there's no disc in. There was and it was a new
>> > one. Is
>> > there a reason why all of a sudden it won't write? I have lots of
>> > pictures
>> > and need to get them to discs to free up space. Any help is
>> > appriciative.
>> > Thank you.

Thanks for your suggestions. I solved it myself. All I had to do was
defragmate and it works.