[SOLVED] Changed PSU/MOBO still no synergie

Mar 4, 2019
Hello everyone. Pretty much what it says in the title.

This is my first PC build although I've had experience in tweaking and changing parts this ia my first build from scratch. So I consider myself a rookie in this matter.

I first bought these parts:
  • Asrock pro4 x370
  • Cosair vs650
  • Ryzen 5 2400 (AM4 chipset i believe)
  • 8GB Vengeance (3000mhz) ddr4
  • Rx 560 4gb ddr5
Building this, it all went smooth, only that it was not booting (RAM badly placed) Until somehow it had a spark by the PCI express port and it all went south from there. It didn't turn on anymore.. At first I thought it was the motherboard because i ran the paperclip test on the psu and it passed the test.

That's when I bought the Aorus b450 elite (MoBo), got the CPU in and connected everything. Still nothing. I narrowed it down to the PSU and I bought the Gigabyte 650w.

Then, with both new parts, I still didn't get any response, not even a stand-by light from the MoBo, both old and new. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, 24 pin and 8pin are always connected as well as the cpu fan (and power switch)

I feel like it's something I'm missing here. I wish you guys could help me out in this. Thanks in advance.

Solution
Indeed, the problem is that no light pops up. Doubt its a faulty CPU, It's very hard to fuck up one and even if it was,

That'S something i didn't thought of before. Thanks for the idea.

I just tried it, removed the cpu and fan, as well as the 8 pin connector.

I plugged in the PSU and the moment i put the swith on ( I ) a light on the MoBo went on briefly (0.5 secs) then it wouldn't go back on
Try that again with the other psu and if it gives the same result try it with the other mobo so that you can detect the faulty part.
If you have the same result in every case then maybe the cpu who causes this but im not sure of that.
Feb 5, 2019
Indeed, the problem is that no light pops up. Doubt its a faulty CPU, It's very hard to fuck up one and even if it was, it would at least get some sign that my MoBo is receiving electricity.
Im not sure if its a faulty CPU because you're not get any sign that the MoBo is receiving electricity.
So try to remove cpu and see if the mobo receiving electricity.

Mar 4, 2019
Any led light from the mobo will be a sign for existing power.

Indeed, the problem is that no light pops up. Doubt its a faulty CPU, It's very hard to fuck up one and even if it was,
Im not sure if its a faulty CPU because you're not get any sign that the MoBo is receiving electricity.
So try to remove cpu and see if the mobo receiving electricity.

I plugged in the PSU and the moment i put the swith on ( I ) a light on the MoBo went on briefly (0.5 secs) then it wouldn't go back on

Feb 5, 2019

Try that again with the other psu and if it gives the same result try it with the other mobo so that you can detect the faulty part.
If you have the same result in every case then maybe the cpu who causes this but im not sure of that.

Solution
Mar 4, 2019

Tried it in the ASROCK. Same result.

For the record, i disconnected my vga and reconnected the processor back in the Aorus 450. When i hit the PSU switch there was a very -almost indistinguishable- low light that was red, maybe announcing that the vga switch was open. So it -mobo- is receiving electricity, not enough i guess

Feb 5, 2019
Tried it in the ASROCK. Same result.

For the record, i disconnected my vga and reconnected the processor back in the Aorus 450. When i hit the PSU switch there was a very -almost indistinguishable- low light that was red, maybe announcing that the vga switch was open. So it -mobo- is receiving electricity, not enough i guess
I think the mobo not receiving enough. Try to search similar problem in google or try to post this in other forums.usually when it comes to electricity the psu who causes that.

Last edited: