Question Changing my GPU in Nvidia Control panel causes really weird name change when applied

I have a 2 GPU set up with one EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1060 SSC and an MSI GTX 1070 Ti. My goal is to run my games only off of the 1070 Ti and everything else with the 1060. This seems to be working, but when I set the Global Settings to use the 1060 as the CUDA-GPUs setting and click "apply," I am getting a very weird change. Yesterday, when I went in and tried a few times to get it to work the name of the GPU actually changed! This time, it was changed to "ethdcrminer64c65.exe" which obviously had me worried. I tried to set it to the 1060 again and click "apply," and it changed it to "themoonproject.exe". Upon multiple attempts to apply, the name change is always different, but it is never GeForce GTX 1060 6GB like it should be. Any advice? I have run Spybot Search and Destroy, Malwarebytes, Windows Defender, and everything else I can think of regarding virus scans and they all come back negative.

The machine is working and I can game at 120+ frames on almost anything, but I really don't feel like mining someone else's crypto currency in the background while playing games. What can I do to troubleshoot this and find a solution?

Thank you in advance for your assistance. The folks in this forum have helped me a ton in the past with other issues.

Also here are my specs. I believe the temp on my motherboard is not working correctly, so that is why it is such a high number:
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 4590 @ 3.30GHz 44 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 961MHz (11-13-13-31)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z97-E/USB 3.1 (SOCKET 1150) 112 °C
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti (MSI) 59 °C
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (EVGA) 56 °C
ForceWare version: 419.67
SLI Disabled
Monitors:
Acer XF270H (1920x1080@144Hz)
DELL S2316H (1080x1920@60Hz)
Capture Card:
SC530-N1 (1920x1080@144Hz) (StarTech USB3HDCAP)
Storage
232GB Western Digital WDC WDBNCE2500PNC (SATA (SSD)) 35 °C
1853GB Microsoft Storage Space Device (TMax )
Optical Drives
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224FB
Audio
VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO=
FiiO Olympus 2 DAC Headphone Amp

I started noticing this after I got my second card and set it up in the Nvidia control panel so that everything on the PC other than games are running off of the 1060. The machine appears to work good enough to game, but I'm wondering if this is causing issues that may allow the machine to run faster with less of a load. I would say for about 5 months. I just noticed it again because I had to reinstall the nvidia control panel along with all of my drivers due to the recent update making the control panel disappear from my machine completely.

Ok. what do you recommend for the full wipe. Is there a good process I should go by?

Should I just get a new image and completely start from scratch? Should I just go through the windows settings and do the "fresh start?"

What is the best process and what pitfalls could I encounter? I will copy all of the files I don't want to lose on a thumbdrive, which I have now done.