Question Computer fully freezes after 10-15 Minutes of gameplay

Feb 23, 2021
My pc freezes after playing some games for 10-15 minutes. This happens with all NFS Games, Bf1 and Bf5, CarX and Rainbow6. In addition, I can run Cs:Go without any problems. When it freezes the sound of e.g. music will still go on but I can't do anything as the screen is fully frozen, to get out of this I can only force quit my pc

I've already updated all my drivers, preformed a clean boot, checked windows for system errors, checked my RAM for problems, checked my temperatures and did an userbenchmark test (userbenchmark.com/UserRun/40188022)

Specs :
  • Ryzen 5 2600
  • Rx590 8Gb
  • 16Gb Vengeance 3600
  • 1Tb Ssd TCSunbow
  • ASRock B450 Pro4
  • Corsair CX550

Last edited:
Those temps would be considered good for pretty much any GPU or CPU.
I'm leaning on it being the power supply.
The symptoms go along with "power supply".
10-15 minutes....it heats up....voltages drop....and then crash.
You can check the voltages with HWInfo. The should remain within 5% of +12, +5 and + 3.3V at all times including under heavy load. If they don't....new power supply.

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
What drivers are you using for the graphics card.?

Are they the latest WHQL drivers, or drivers supplied via Windows Update, or a non-WHQL driver.?

That the sound continues to play is puzzling, is it a constant loop of a tiny bit of music or sound, or does it go one for more than a second.?

Feb 23, 2021
What drivers are you using for the graphics card.?

Are they the latest WHQL drivers, or drivers supplied via Windows Update, or a non-WHQL driver.?

That the sound continues to play is puzzling, is it a constant loop of a tiny bit of music or sound, or does it go one for more than a second.?

My current drivers are the latest AMD WHQL Drivers, I used to have the newest ones but switched back to these, still didn't fix the problem. About the sound, it just continues for a minute and then cuts off.

Feb 23, 2021
You can check the voltages with HWInfo. The should remain within 5% of +12, +5 and + 3.3V at all times including under heavy load. If they don't....new power supply.

I don't see the sensors for my PSU on HWInfo? Where do I find them?

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
My current drivers are the latest AMD WHQL Drivers, I used to have the newest ones but switched back to these, still didn't fix the problem. About the sound, it just continues for a minute and then cuts off.
That is very odd about the sound.

If you hit the num-lock key when this happens does it go off and on.? Also does it go off and on when the sound stops.? This is an easy way to identify if the computer is still working, but you have just lost the video and sound.

How is your sound output from your PC.? 3.5mm audio jack, HDMI or USB soundcard.?

Feb 23, 2021
That is very odd about the sound.

If you hit the num-lock key when this happens does it go off and on.? Also does it go off and on when the sound stops.? This is an easy way to identify if the computer is still working, but you have just lost the video and sound.

How is your sound output from your PC.? 3.5mm audio jack, HDMI or USB soundcard.?
My keys all still work, I can see the light of e.g NumLock still on my keyboard, same with the CapsLock and other keys like that. So my pc is still working. For sound I use a 3.5mm audio jack.

Feb 23, 2021

Here are the voltages on the moment of the freeze. The psu is not the problem then, right?
View: https://imgur.com/gallery/7BhuBaV

TheJoker2020

Commendable
Oct 13, 2020
My keys all still work, I can see the light of e.g NumLock still on my keyboard, same with the CapsLock and other keys like that. So my pc is still working. For sound I use a 3.5mm audio jack.

This is looking increasingly likely to be your graphics card I am sorry to say, or the game has crashed and taken out the video, and after a while the sound, but that makes no sense if this is happening in multiple games.

Have you tried a graphics benchmark.? Many do not recommend FurMark because it stresses the graphics card so much.

Feb 23, 2021
This is looking increasingly likely to be your graphics card I am sorry to say, or the game has crashed and taken out the video, and after a while the sound, but that makes no sense if this is happening in multiple games.

Have you tried a graphics benchmark.? Many do not recommend FurMark because it stresses the graphics card so much.

I used UserBenchmark and it gave me this result on the GPU Test
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/798983019532779551/814130334705647686/unknown.png

Feb 23, 2021
What is displayed looks good....the 3.3V is missing but that's not super uncommon.
So at least from what we are seeing it appears to be good.

Well, forgot to say this but I used a trick from a video which stopped crashing my game, that worked but due to that I got to the problem I have now: my windows freezing. I just read the newest comments on the video, a lot of them said that they now got their computer sometimes freezing, exactly like I have. I removed the regestry file that I added and will now test wether my pc is working fine again. (the video:
View: https://youtu.be/5FWAVe1km_g
)