[SOLVED] Computer goes straight into bios and doesn't show any boot devices or my drives at all

Oct 1, 2020
Im preparing to get a new cpu to I got a new power supply which I needed (the old one was 4 years old) everything went super smooth when it comes to connections. I used the same sata cable the 6 pin that says GA that was on my old PSU and it didn't work so I used the new one and that doesn't work either everything Is plugged in correctly if not I'm just stupid cuz idk. Everything was working perfectly fine before. Alsooo my case fans spin but the lights are weird like only one or two leds are lit up. It's hooked up to a controller that is hooked up to the a female sata port. Please help
specs:
Ryzen 3 2200g -
G skill Ripjaws 2x8 3200
X470 Master SLI/as and its by asr rock
RX 580
EVGA GA650 supernova
SSD as boot 240 GB hard drive 1 TB
Thermaltake versa n21 00

Solution
Disconnect all drives except the boot drive. (The boot drive being the 240 GB SSD- correct?)

You have just one other drive being the 1 TB HDD. Any optical drives?

Go into BIOS and change the POST settings to be as verbose as possible. The objective being to allow the POST process report what is being done and show any problems or errors.

Try booting into Safe Mode.

Do you have a family member or friend who can help? Remove the drives from your system and test on their computer. Either directly or via a drive enclosure.

Make and model drives? Most drive manufacturers offer drive diagnostic software. You could run that software to further your testing efforts.

Go to the applicable drive manufacturer's website to...

Ralston18

Titan
EVGA GA650 supernova being the new PSU - correct?

What was the old PSU?

Did you reuse any other cables? Do not reuse cables from the older PSU.

You must use the applicable component documentation (User Guide/Manuals) to determine the necessary and correct connections between components.

Specifically: motherboard, case, and PSU to start with.

This:

"my case fans spin but the lights are weird like only one or two leds are lit up."

The hope is that you have either overlooked a connection or made a minor, harmless misconnection.

Use the documentation to verify and double-check all of the connections thus far. Connectors and pins.

Figuring it all out can be confusing - some documentation is not well written or presented. Or out-of-date, inapplicable, or simply wrong.

Oct 1, 2020
EVGA GA650 supernova being the new PSU - correct?

What was the old PSU?

Did you reuse any other cables? Do not reuse cables from the older PSU.

You must use the applicable component documentation (User Guide/Manuals) to determine the necessary and correct connections between components.

Specifically: motherboard, case, and PSU to start with.

This:

"my case fans spin but the lights are weird like only one or two leds are lit up."

The hope is that you have either overlooked a connection or made a minor, harmless misconnection.

Use the documentation to verify and double-check all of the connections thus far. Connectors and pins.

Figuring it all out can be confusing - some documentation is not well written or presented. Or out-of-date, inapplicable, or simply wrong.
The new power supply is the EVGA one yes and the old one was a corsair cx450, but Yes sadly I used the old cable and I'm afraid I fried the drives and I did use the documentation and it was kinda vague kinda not it told me how to install but no details pertaining. Also I can't find a connection I missed everything except the usb 3.0 cable seems a little loose but that's it. Is there a way to find out if drives are fried other than installing in another system which I don't have.

Ralston18

Titan
Disconnect all drives except the boot drive. (The boot drive being the 240 GB SSD- correct?)

You have just one other drive being the 1 TB HDD. Any optical drives?

Go into BIOS and change the POST settings to be as verbose as possible. The objective being to allow the POST process report what is being done and show any problems or errors.

Try booting into Safe Mode.

Do you have a family member or friend who can help? Remove the drives from your system and test on their computer. Either directly or via a drive enclosure.

Make and model drives? Most drive manufacturers offer drive diagnostic software. You could run that software to further your testing efforts.

Go to the applicable drive manufacturer's website to download the software.

Solution