Question Computer Hangs at "Loading Operating System"

Feb 22, 2019
Hi everyone,

I was trying to install windows 10 on my hard drive, but it wouldn't boot to the USB, it just stalled at "Loading Operating System". So i pulled the hard drive and used another computer to install it onto that hard drive. Now it does the same thing with the hard drive. I tried reformatting the drive with the second computer and installing windows 7, it still stalls at "Loading Operating System".

I've tried going to the Bios and loading the Fail-Safe options, I tried Pulling the CMOS Battery, I've tried to remove the Video Card, I've tried unplugging the hard drive and just booting with only the USB. All the same results. I don't have a CD\DVD drive in the computer.

Please help!

Feb 17, 2019
You have to keep windows 10 all files to a pendrive, I'm sure if there are all files , the " boot" named files also there in the pendrive and go bios and do " first priority boot to usb " then it starts, after that, once installed done, next time it restarts pull off the usb so that u wont be reinstalling windows twice then in a while it will be setting up ur desktop.

Feb 22, 2019
@Razzie Gaming - It won't even boot to the USB drive. Thats the problem... I've tried setting priority to USB, I've tried just going to the boot menu and selecting USB, I've even tried unplugging the hard drive all together. Same Results.

System Specs (that I know):
750W Power supply
Radeon R7 Video Card
Gigabyte Motherboard (not sure of model)
1TB HDD
16GB DDR3 Ram

If there are more specs you need, I can get them when I get home in about an hour, just tell me what they are.

Feb 17, 2019
When u go to the windows 7 my computer , does the pendrive show up ? is there device installed ,and if its theer then check the files, I hope all files are there , undeleted by antivirus, and nextly a boot named file will be there in the install place of downloaded win 10 install folder, without that .mbr or sth the PD cant boot , and if that occurs ,then also try installing through the windows , it can be done, Once u install, do custom install so that even if this fails u might not need reinstall win again and again., and then once u install win 10 by win 7 inside , then in next reboot, follow the instructions by choosing " windows 10 " in option when win is going to start and it will continue to make the desktop ready, don't go for setup button next time u reboot after install, hope this works

Feb 22, 2019
When u go to the windows 7 my computer , does the pendrive show up ? is there device installed ,and if its theer then check the files, I hope all files are there , undeleted by antivirus, and nextly a boot named file will be there in the install place of downloaded win 10 install folder, without that .mbr or sth the PD cant boot , and if that occurs ,then also try installing through the windows , it can be done, Once u install, do custom install so that even if this fails u might not need reinstall win again and again., and then once u install win 10 by win 7 inside , then in next reboot, follow the instructions by choosing " windows 10 " in option when win is going to start and it will continue to make the desktop ready, don't go for setup button next time u reboot after install, hope this works

The Pendrive boots fine on my second computer (which is functioning correctly). However, when I plug it into my Main computer (The one having issues), it just hangs at "Loading Operating System".

I did check the pendrive and all the files are there.

TRENDING THREADS