[SOLVED] Computer is booting into American Megathreads after sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brovinh

Commendable
Nov 17, 2020
So when I go to turn off my computer for the night, I put it to sleep so that the usb charging still works because I charge my phone at night. I have a ASUS ROG G20AJ with specs here:
GTX 1080
16 GB RAM
1TB HDD
500GB SSD
i5-4460
180+230W Power Supplies

The problem is sometimes at random, I do not know what triggers it, when I go to wake my computer from sleep, it boots as if it has been restarted into the American Megathreads screen where I then have to go through a longer process of having to boot into my BIOS and then exit to start my computer instead of it just waking to the lock screen. I can post some event manager stuff if that will help figure out the problem, but I am just wondering why this is happening. I also do not know when it started, as I am charging my phone from my computer for the first time again in a few months overnight, and I just moved my PC to a new place. I have looked around Google and power options turning off fast startup hasn't worked, but that's about all I've tried, as other solutions mention a lot of regedit editing and I'm pretty sure solutions vary case to case in those fixes. Please help!

Solution
So when I go to turn off my computer for the night, I put it to sleep so that the usb charging still works because I charge my phone at night. I have a ASUS ROG G20AJ with specs here:
GTX 1080
16 GB RAM
1TB HDD
500GB SSD
i5-4460
180+230W Power Supplies

The problem is sometimes at random, I do not know what triggers it, when I go to wake my computer from sleep, it boots as if it has been restarted into the American Megathreads screen where I then have to go through a longer process of having to boot into my BIOS and then exit to start my computer instead of it just waking to the lock screen. I can post some event manager stuff if that will help figure out the problem, but I am just wondering why this is happening. I also do not know...
GTX 1080
16 GB RAM
1TB HDD
500GB SSD
i5-4460
180+230W Power Supplies

The problem is sometimes at random, I do not know what triggers it, when I go to wake my computer from sleep, it boots as if it has been restarted into the American Megathreads screen where I then have to go through a longer process of having to boot into my BIOS and then exit to start my computer instead of it just waking to the lock screen. I can post some event manager stuff if that will help figure out the problem, but I am just wondering why this is happening. I also do not know when it started, as I am charging my phone from my computer for the first time again in a few months overnight, and I just moved my PC to a new place. I have looked around Google and power options turning off fast startup hasn't worked, but that's about all I've tried, as other solutions mention a lot of regedit editing and I'm pretty sure solutions vary case to case in those fixes. Please help!
You might want to replace the CMOS battery
Also try these after replacing the cmos:
  • Uninstall GPU Driver Using DDU
  • Uninstall all the processors in device manager like this, then boot up to bios:
    unknown.png
  • Update motherboard bios to the latest
  • Install the latest Intel Chipset Driver for your motherboard
  • Install the latest Nvidia Driver
Do this all offline, so download the needed files first.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.