May 6, 2022
CPU fan starts, HDD spins up, but there is no display. Could it be a problem with the motherboard or the CPU? CPU is heating so I think it's working. There isn't any beep speakers in the computer.
Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D2V
CPU: Intel Pentium G2030 LGA 1155 3GHz
RAM: Team Elite 4GB DDR3-1333

Maybe the BIOS is bricked?

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Hard to tell which component without a testing rig. Shotgunning is the norm. Motherboards have a much higher failure rate than CPU's. I have had multiple MB failures but only one i4790k I had been overclocking the piss out of for years. I keep spare just-in-case parts. It beats pulling your hair out.

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
I don't know about most of the good people on this boards expertise. I have been building computers since my Amiga days. It seems many folks come here with the same or similar problems. There should be a list list of the sequence of events that should be mandatory to read. Like.. Did you plug the power in? Maybe a flow chart. How did you wake up this morning. With sleep in your eyes. Yes/No and so on.
Truth be known, I was an FSE for 10 years before getting my electronics degree. No PC's in 1978. I serviced 80 column keypunch card machines. I was a great learning experience.

Last edited: