[SOLVED] Computer output is seen as mic input

Apr 16, 2020
Hello,

I currently have a headset which has to 3-pin jacks, one for mic and one for audio output. The issue is that instead of using the mic on the headset to pick up my voice and input it into the computer, the computer instead taking the audio of the output of the computer as mic input. For reference, this is not a hardware issue as I've tried this on a different PC and have had no issues. I've completed a clean install of Windows 10.

I've disabled Sound Mixer; set mic as default; made sure privacy settings mean Windows 10 can have access to my mic; made sure I've plugged my headset in properly. I cannot think of anything else I may be able to do. Assistance will be greatly appreciated.

I've attached my computer specification as below:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor
Motherboard: *Gigabyte B450M DS3H Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: *Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: *Western Digital Blue 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB OC Video Card
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Power Supply: *Corsair TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply

Kind regards.

Solution
the audio issue could be a result of driver corruption or Windows' generic audio drivers not functioning correctly with this board.

try updating to the motherboard's latest system drivers and BIOS from the Gigabyte product support page.
As in it’s a three pin, not four pin. One of the 2.5mm jack has a headphone sign on it and the other has a mic sign on it, with relevant green and pink colours respectively
i believe you mean "3 pole"?
the port pins refer to how the jack itself is connected internally, which you cannot see without dismantling the device.
the "poles" refer to the length of the cable's interface, 3 pole or 4 pole.

Apr 16, 2020
the audio issue could be a result of driver corruption or Windows' generic audio drivers not functioning correctly with this board.

try updating to the motherboard's latest system drivers and BIOS from the Gigabyte product support page.
Thank you for your reply. I’ve updated all drivers, and I will update my BIOS tonight. I’ll update of the result

TRENDING THREADS