[SOLVED] Computer Running hotter after sleep

Zerkin

Distinguished
May 21, 2013
Hi friends,

I just replaced my custom watercooling loop with a 360 AIO from EKWB. I had had my loop for a few years and wanted to upgrade to something a little cleaner and less complicated.

After getting everything set up I started monitoring my cpu temp and fan speeds just to see how they were performing.

When I turned on my computer, it idled between 37-45C and when I start gaming it goes up to 51-55C. Fan speed rarely goes above 850rpm. I'm cool with this.

I woke up my computer later and noticed the fans were audible (my old loop was always completely silent). I checked my cpu temp and it was idle at 58-62 and gaming took it up to 66. Fans regularly 1500+rpm

I turned off my computer/turned it on and I'm back to 40 idle/50 gaming. Stayed this way for several hours.

Put it to sleep, wake it up, and 60 idle 1600+rpm again.

I have a Ryzen 5 1600X - no manual overclocking. Task manager doesn't show any programs going crazy or anything, CPU usage is like 18-20%. Any ideas what this behavior is? Happy to provide any additional information.

Solution
Hi friends,

I just replaced my custom watercooling loop with a 360 AIO from EKWB. I had had my loop for a few years and wanted to upgrade to something a little cleaner and less complicated.

After getting everything set up I started monitoring my cpu temp and fan speeds just to see how they were performing.

When I turned on my computer, it idled between 37-45C and when I start gaming it goes up to 51-55C. Fan speed rarely goes above 850rpm. I'm cool with this.

I woke up my computer later and noticed the fans were audible (my old loop was always completely silent). I checked my cpu temp and it was idle at 58-62 and gaming took it up to 66. Fans regularly 1500+rpm

I turned off my computer/turned it on and I'm back to 40 idle/50...

dimtodim

Reputable
Hi friends,

I turned off my computer/turned it on and I'm back to 40 idle/50 gaming. Stayed this way for several hours.

Put it to sleep, wake it up, and 60 idle 1600+rpm again.

I have a Ryzen 5 1600X - no manual overclocking. Task manager doesn't show any programs going crazy or anything, CPU usage is like 18-20%. Any ideas what this behavior is? Happy to provide any additional information.
i only can say my pc after sleep isnt have low temp like after shutdown, but isnt like your temp

Solution

TRENDING THREADS