Aug 18, 2020
Hello Everyone, I just built a PC a couple hours ago (AMD ryzen 2600, Gigabyte B450M DS3H, 16gb Corsair vengeance ram, 1650 EVGA, 600W Thermaltake PSU, Cooler Master q300L) and when clicking the power button it will not turn on. No fans move, and no signs of power. I did the paperclip test on my PSU and the case and CPU fan spun. The front panel connectors are installed correctly and the PSU is switched on. I don't know what to do at this point.

Solution
May be necessary to do so.

However, I suggest one more very careful "do over"/doublecheck with respect to your build.

Review the applicable User Guides/Manuals etc.. Go step by step to look for any errors of commission or omission on your part.

New builds can be tricky because no one wants to force things. Connections can tight and feel to be in place when they actually are not in place.

Open the case and inspect everything with a bright flashlight. Check connections by feel and gently rock into place to ensure that the connection is fully in place.

Ralston18

Titan
Could be a defective faulty PSU.

The paper clip is only a basic test.

Are you clicking the power button on the PSU or on the PC?

Did you use the cables and connectors that came with the PSU?

Is the PSU plugged directly into a known working, non-switched wall outlet?

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it? Or know someone who does and can help?

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-manually-test-a-power-supply-with-a-multimeter-2626158

Not a full test per se as the PSU is not under load. However if a voltage is absent or out of spec then the PSU is likely the problem.

Aug 18, 2020
I am clicking the power button on the case, and the PSU switch is on correctly. The PSU is plugged into a working outlet. I don't have a multimeter. Should I just take it to the shop?

Ralston18

Titan
May be necessary to do so.

However, I suggest one more very careful "do over"/doublecheck with respect to your build.

Review the applicable User Guides/Manuals etc.. Go step by step to look for any errors of commission or omission on your part.

New builds can be tricky because no one wants to force things. Connections can tight and feel to be in place when they actually are not in place.

Open the case and inspect everything with a bright flashlight. Check connections by feel and gently rock into place to ensure that the connection is fully in place.

Solution