[SOLVED] Computer shuts down right after connecting headphones

shayaviv1000

Reputable
Aug 30, 2018
This never happened to me before. I put in my headphones to the green round hollow hole socket at the front, and my computer shut off immediately, and these headphones got heated like never before. It might be the case that this happened to me because I connected my headphones with hands that held butter popcorn and I my hands got the oil or whatever that is from the popcorn. Here is a picture

Solution
Let people know what the fix was.
Some time before that, like maybe a day, I opened my computer to learn and see how everything is connected inside, and that included unplugging some cables. Turns out that I replugged the cable that supports the front panel audio jacks wrongly. There are two cables: HD AUDIO, and AC97 if I remember correctly. I thought that both must be connected, so I plugged the latter into a place, even though it was an imperfect plugging. That caused a very high voltage when connecting electronic devices into the jacks, making the jacks useless. I figured out it was the problem when I started reading about motherboard connections while wondering if it was about these connections, and turns out unsuprisingly...

shayaviv1000

Reputable
Aug 30, 2018
Let people know what the fix was.
Some time before that, like maybe a day, I opened my computer to learn and see how everything is connected inside, and that included unplugging some cables. Turns out that I replugged the cable that supports the front panel audio jacks wrongly. There are two cables: HD AUDIO, and AC97 if I remember correctly. I thought that both must be connected, so I plugged the latter into a place, even though it was an imperfect plugging. That caused a very high voltage when connecting electronic devices into the jacks, making the jacks useless. I figured out it was the problem when I started reading about motherboard connections while wondering if it was about these connections, and turns out unsuprisingly that it was. I unplugged the AC97 cable - problem fixed :)

Solution