[SOLVED] Computer Upgrade for AutoCAD and Revit files

bryantnelson12

Reputable
Feb 21, 2018
Hello all,

First of all, I will give you my current specs to see if I am looking at this the wrong way. This was a budget build from a couple years back, I haven't had much problems even with a 4K Display.

CPU: Pentium G4560

8GB DDR 4

GTX 970

Samsung 1TB SSD

I am starting college and will need to render large files in AutoCAD and Revit, along with dealing with very large construction based files. What is the best route to go for upgrading? Do I need a new CPU? Additionally, what would be the best cost effective motherboard to pair with it? I do not plan on overclocking.

If y'all need any more info I will do my best to provide it for you. Thank you!

Solution
I currently use an MSI B250M Gaming pro. I was debating if jumping ship to Ryzen would be the better option.
If you can going with a Ryzen 5 3600 is of great value if you would want to lessen your render times. Gives you great upgrade options as well with ram and storage down the line in your current situation for school.

B450 is of good value paired with the 3600, recommending the MSI Tomahawk max or mortar max if its available in your area. But any B450 with good vrm heatsinks and number of I/Os that cater to your needs.

MSYF27

Prominent
Apr 2, 2019
I currently use an MSI B250M Gaming pro. I was debating if jumping ship to Ryzen would be the better option.
If you can going with a Ryzen 5 3600 is of great value if you would want to lessen your render times. Gives you great upgrade options as well with ram and storage down the line in your current situation for school.

B450 is of good value paired with the 3600, recommending the MSI Tomahawk max or mortar max if its available in your area. But any B450 with good vrm heatsinks and number of I/Os that cater to your needs.

Reactions: bryantnelson12
Solution