FHRITP

Honorable
Dec 6, 2014
I'm putting together a computer for my brother, or rather, I'm upgrading his outdated build, from 3rd to 9th gen intel.
I put the system together, however, it won't post. I've tried basically everything, even breadboarding. Clearing cmos by shorting, and removing battery, one or two dimms, took everything off except psu, cpu, and motherboard, nothing. I don't even get a beep when i try to boot without RAM.

Here's the catch though, i got him the asus ROG B360-F, yes the 8th gen one, apparently it now supports 9th gen, and according to the employee i spoke to from the company i ordered it from, it comes updated from the box, no need for an 8th gen cpu to flash the BIOS. Either the motherboard is faulty, PSU not strong enough, or i really DO require a new 8th gen cpu to flash it.

I am really sure i need an 8th gen CPU to flash the moterhboard, what are your suggestions?

500w 80plus
GTX1060
i5-9600k
16gb corsair vengeance RGB

FHRITP

Honorable
Dec 6, 2014
There is no information on the box what BIOS version it is, however, on the bottom on the front, where all the features are advertised, there is a logo of intel chipset b360 and under it it says: supports 8th gen intel core desktop processors. i checked again on the website, it says it supports 8th and 9th gen intel. Could it be that i've recieved an old package?
edit: not in the manual either

Last edited: