Ripable

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Hello, at the moment I have a single LG monitor connected to my computer via HDMI connection to the GPU. I am looking to get a second monitor however my GPU only has 1 HDMI display port. However, I have noticed there is a single HDMI port on my MOBO but when I connect the monitor, there's no post. I am quite new to PCs and only recently built mine but I've tried researching how to fix this and the main fix is to go into my BIOs settings and enable IGPU or enable the multi-monitor feature. However there is no such thing in my BIOs. I have made sure that my BIOs is at the latest version but still no setting exists in my BIOs. This is extremely frustrating and I would love for someone to help me fix my problem.

Hardware:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6gb gaming x
MOBO: Gigabyte B450 gaming x

Thanks <3

Solution
then how would i display my second monitor throught the HDMi port on the MOBO??
You can't, the CPU has no display without a iGPU. Other CPU's such as the 2400G have a iGPU so they would work. I edited my first post with a possible fix (Active DisplayPort to HDMI cable from the GPU to the second monitor).

Ripable

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
You can't, the CPU has no display without a iGPU. Other CPU's such as the 2400G have a iGPU so they would work. I edited my first post with a possible fix (Active DisplayPort to HDMI cable from the GPU to the second monitor).
okay, where to find them? is there anyway to just connect my second monitor to the HDMI port on my motherboard without having to purchase HDMI to display ports?