After a machine gets rid aof a virus the terminal services client gets a message saying that it could not connect to the machine for a couple of reasons but from another machine it works fine. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the software but no luck is there another place I could look or reset?

You may want to look for a specialized cleaner app for the particular virus
in question from a major vendor--or even more than one of them.

It sounds like the cleanup hasn't been complete.

I believe I've seen this posted before, but I'm afraid I don't recall the
resolution, if any. Other ideas: sfc /scannow with the XP CD in place.