Question Considering buying more case fans.

Jun 26, 2024
I made an insane visualization of my PC case in MS Paint and would like suggestions for where I should put fans. I have been informed that a slightly positive case pressure is ideal. the goal is gaming. the right side has no openings. my budget is on the cheaper side if you want to recommend particular models of fan, but i am mostly interested in just location. can you mount fans on the outside of a case? would it be insane to do that? thank you anyone who helps.

rAP3jUF.png

Ralston18

Titan
What is the reason for installing more fans? Any heat related problems? More fans may not be beneficial and could even be counter-productive.

= = = =

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Include PSU, disk drive(s), and make and model case.

Compare your plans to the fan placement option(s) presented in the case's User Guide/Manual.

It is not the number of fans that counts. It is the placement of the fans and the air flows within the case that matter. And you must consider the locations of CPU, GPU, and PSU fans.

I also suggest taking a couple of photographs showing the case and installed components.

Photographs can be posted here using imgur (www.imgur.com).

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of your PC case and what is it housing? Just to give you some context, adding fans doesn't always result in better temps. You need to find a balance to your build's airflow/internals. If your components don't need the airflow, you're wasting funds on fans. If your case has horrible ventilation, then it's not fans you need, it's a new case.

TRENDING THREADS