djlangstraat

Prominent
Nov 9, 2017
Hi all,
Almost 4 years ago I built a PC for streaming (on twitch) from my playstation. Bear in mind, I literally do 0 gaming on this PC.
My specs are as follows;
Computer
CPU: Intel i5 4690K 3.5 Ghz Quad-core
CPU cooler: NZXT kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid
Motherboard: ASRock z97 Extreme3 ATX
Ram: G. Skill Sniper series 8GB
SSD: PNY XLR8 120GB
Storage: 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive
GPU: Radeon r9 280x 3GB - BROKEN

Streaming equipment
PS4 Pro
Elgato HD60

I have had constant issues with the ethernet port on my motherboard, and unfortunately there is no wireless option. I know that my current setup is adequate for console streaming despite having no graphics card, but because I've been so frustrated with my internet connectivity, I'm looking to get a new motherboard with onboard wifi. My question is, would you recommend I upgrade my CPU at the same time? I'd appreciate both recommendations for a new motherboard and for a combo of both a new CPU and a new motherboard.
(Also, would you recommend I get a graphics card? I'd assume it would take some stress off of the CPU, but i'm not sure it's necessary.)
Thanks in advance!

Lutfij

Titan
Buying a replacement board would cost the same as buying a brand new concurrent platform board, but the catch is, that if you get a new processor(due to the new concurrent platform board) you're also looking at ram purchase since DDR3 will not work on today's boards. It does open a door however to give you more headroom by being above minimum specs for your hardware.

Also, which HD60 are you talking about? There are 3 listed on Elgato's site.