Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H310M-E R2.0
CPU: i3 9100F @ 3.6 Ghz
RAM: Geil superforce 16Gb 1x2400 mhz 8gb & 1x3000 mhz 8Gb
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
PSU: EVGA 600w 80+ White
SSD: Crucial bx500 2.5 480GB
HDD: Western Digital Wd5000aakx

Symptoms

Ok so the around a week ago I changed the gt 1030 to the 1070, and started to have these issues, i had constant BSOD with several different messages, display not working, and so on. Eventually i managed to get over these but the games kept crashing every time after a while, temperatures are below 80 c and i am able to play on ultra most games at 120+fps no problem before crashing.
It doesn't happen systematically every time though, sometimes i'm able to play multiple matches without crashing.

BSOD codes that i got:

SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

And many different ones but i did not write them down, im sorry.

Note

The system is not overclocked at all, uefi bios configs are default configs and i have already reinstalled windows 10

Runs perfectly on ULTRA settings on Heaven benchmark

3D Mark Result (0 Crashes)- https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/63766224

My Troubleshooting

My first thought was that there was a problem with the new 1070, but since i managed to use it perfectly, I don't think that's the case, so I reinstalled all drivers, formatted both SSD and HDD, reinstalled windows, and games all along. i downgraded games graphics and it runs for longer periods of time, but my gpu should be able to manage them perfectly. I thought it was a cooling issue but neither the CPU nor the GPU reached 80 degrees, so im not sure. i tested my pc for corrupt files none found, I tested the RAM and as well not a single error.

When i plugged in a second display it sometimes started malfunctioning, turning on and off, so I unplugged that and nothing changed.

GPU Driver
At that point maybe it was a driver issue, so I updated every GPU driver and nothing happened

Faulty HDD
Windows is installed on an SSD and it works well, the games are installed on an HDD so I thought that was the problem.

Faulty RAM

I ran a full Windows Memory Diagnostic and it found NO errors whatsoever.

Other Programs conflicting
I didn't add any new program to startup so I highly doubt that this is the problem, I also don't have many programs running at startup (I have like 2 or 3)

Troubleshooting is very tedious since I have to play for quite a bit for a crash to occur and there is no real proof that the game is not crashing because the issue is solved or because it's just a "good day"

Conclusions
At this point I think there are a few possibilities remaining

- RAM problem?

- PSU problem ? - i think this is the most likely, due to it being certified 80+ white.
My guess really is that the PSU is not able to deliver enough power to the gpu for it to even display a second monitor.

- GPU problem?

I have no real way to diagnose a PSU problem since I don't have another available.

If you have any suggestion please let me know and thank you in advance for your time

Note: I've noticed BSOD are happening less often than before, however games do crash faster than before, it does not matter which game i'm playing, Rainbox six or league of legends.

Last edited:
Reactions: afoley96
Solution
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder

Solution
Jul 12, 2021

I think you should be able to download it from here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z9PMaZOVdKSEn0oeZ8radrVc-tMTL5GW/view?usp=sharing
There is only 1 registry since my pc has only crashed 1 time since clean installation.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2021
Hi Adcurrry!

My issues (which I just posted about) seem very similar to yours. Have you had any success in your troubleshooting since you posted?

-Thanks

Unfortunately i am not sure. I haven't got the time since i slept to 3am yesterday trying to fix it.

Taking out a RAM stick seems to do the trick, although it might just be that the system does not require that extra power from the PSU

Reactions: afoley96
Jul 13, 2021
Unfortunately i am not sure. I haven't got the time since i slept to 3am yesterday trying to fix it.

Taking out a RAM stick seems to do the trick, although it might just be that the system does not require that extra power from the PSU

Got it, thanks for the reply. I'll make an effort to share my findings if things improve. Who knows, it might be useful.

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/y7ewgvzo/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:071221-20875-01.dmp (Jul 12 2021 - 19:31:03)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: Discord.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 25 Min(s), and 58 Sec(s)

File information:071221-17171-01.dmp (Jul 13 2021 - 00:01:32)
Bugcheck:ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY (BE)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: RainbowSix.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 44 Min(s), and 47 Sec(s)
Comment: 2 or more types of RAM are installed.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/PRIME-H310M-E-R2-0/
There is a BIOS update available for your system. We do not recommend BETA version of the BIOS. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Attempted write to read only ram = GPU drivers
error dump text mentions Direct X. 99% of the time I see this its the GPU drivers.

I would run DDU in safe mode and reinstall GPU drivers from Nvidia

Discord error not so obvious although...

Update Ethernet drivers, grab Win10 Auto Installation Program (SId:1152921505693600553) from https://www.realtek.com/en/componen...0-1000m-gigabit-ethernet-pci-express-software

Vanguard ie Valorant anti cheat can cause BSOD as well. Shame its needed to play game.

TRENDING THREADS